Why isn't this murder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    It has not been updated. Look at the article and look at my OP.

YOU ****ING DUMBASS calling me a dumbass? You're the idiot.
    But he didn't call you a 'dumbass'.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
      But he didn't call you a 'dumbass'.
      He called me a dumb **** or ****. regardless. Stop being a *****.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
        In the video the the TV guy says the 911 operator told him to wait for police to arrive.
        Didn't see the video on first pass but I've watched it now.

The reporter says that was the instruction given but I don't know where he got that information from. The accompanying text article claims the family wants to hear the 911 tape to verify this. It seems strange the reporter would have been given access but the family denied.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

That does seem odd to me.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I'd go with Occam's Razor on this and put it down to sloppy reporting.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

KH is right that at no point has that man voided his right to self-defense based on the information given.

Loin is right that since he was told not to engage the suspect by law enforcement officials, he is likely to have started "****."

Alpert is right because the video was there.

Oerdin is wrong because he's always wrong. Sorry.

I'm right because I just summed up what was already said.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                I'm right because I just summed up what was already said.
                Watch out your'e nearing Oerdiness
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I like living on the edge.
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

"If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much space."

Comment

• Well, then you probably don't mind to be called miniOerdin
                      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• A fart upon all of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                          I'm willing to entertain wild speculation on the subject. Hypothetically, what could the kid have done that would justify his being shot?
                          He put on his robe and Wizard hat.

He stomped the ground, and snorted, to alert him that he was in his breeding territory.

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                            The teen was walking while being black.
                            The teen was being black.

FTFY

Comment

• What the hell is a NBA All-Star game, and who the **** watches it?
                              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
                                Watch out your'e nearing Oerdiness
                                Is an Oerdiness the Oerdin's wife? I mean the baroness is the baron's wife and the Duchess is the Duke's wife so the Oerdiness must be the Oerdin's wife. Perhaps you meant Oerdinness as in the ness of Oerdin? Though I have to confess that sounds kind of kinky.

Comment

Working...
                                X