Let them Burn Bibles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    The borders of the emirate of Afghanistan were set by the 'Great Game'. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Game
    I guess Mexico is a "phony country" because it lost territory to the United States

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
      I guess Mexico is a "phony country" because it lost territory to the United States
      Keep creating strawmen.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Keep creating strawmen.
        As far as I know your argument was:
        1. The British attacked Afghanistan and took some of its border lands
        2. Therefore Afghanistan is a phony country with borders drawn up by the British

A drew a completely valid parallel regardless of whether you are smart enough to understand it.

Comment

As far as I know your argument was:
          1. The British attacked Afghanistan and took some of its border lands
          2. Therefore Afghanistan is a phony country with borders drawn up by the British

A drew a completely valid parallel regardless of whether you are smart enough to understand it.
          Where, sir, did I say any such things? I never said anything was 'phony', either.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Where, sir, did I say any such things? I never said anything was 'phony', either.
            If you weren't defending Berzerker's claim that Afghanistan is a phony country then what exactly was the point in your reply? If it doesn't contradict anything I said then what made you think you were presenting new information to me?

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
              by 'resources' i take it you mean guns, bombs and bullets?
              Money and lives they have proved so manifestly unworthy of.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                Money and lives they have proved so manifestly unworthy of.
                you think we did them a favour by invading and occupying their country?
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                  "It's not racist if it's true!"
                  So you admit my description is true but you still claim it is racism even though we're talking about a country and not a race? Wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                    you think we did them a favour by invading and occupying their country?
                    That's what we're told on the TV anyway. That we're there to help the Afghans help themselves improve their own lives. Build roads, which they then destroy & mine, build schools, which they then blow up or burn, feed their starving people because they're unable to even feed themselves, build irrigation systems to help remedy the situation previous, and of course give them aid money because they're always asking for more of that. Hell, their elected government is begging us not to leave because they need our help but with the other hand they whip up public anger against us over the most trivial nonsense (trash getting burned or not letting them execute religious minorities simply for being religious minorities, etc...).

Yes, I'd say we've done them a whole lot of favors none of which they actually deserve.
                    Last edited by Dinner; February 27, 2012, 17:46.

Comment

If you weren't defending Berzerker's claim that Afghanistan is a phony country then what exactly was the point in your reply? If it doesn't contradict anything I said then what made you think you were presenting new information to me?
                      I introduced factual information to the thread in light of your discussion with him. This information showed the basis of his assessment, even if his assessment was incorrect in ways.

Comment

So you admit my description is true but you still claim it is racism even though we're talking about a country and not a race? Wonderful.
                        No, I was just presenting the essence of your argument. Whether or not your statements are true is not my concern, only your racism.
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Ahh, the old repeat it until it is true? Doing it while ignoring facts and arguments (like we're talking about a nationality not a race) just perfects the picture. Nicely done.

Comment

Ahh, the old repeat it until it is true? Doing it while ignoring facts and arguments (like we're talking about a nationality not a race) just perfects the picture. Nicely done.
                            Prejudice against a nationality as opposed to a 'race' is meaningfully different from racism how?

Comment

Afghans are white. Look at them sometime.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0430cftreatafghans-3_AZiq1_19672.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	9092863

Name:	heratportrait.jpg
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	9092864

Name:	hazara_kidz.jpg
Size:	189.5 KB
ID:	9092865

They're essentially the West Virginia of Central Asia. And just like West Virginia, they deserve our mockery and contempt. But that mockery and contempt should not be confused for racism.
                              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Are you familiar with Venn diagrams? If so you can easily figure out the answer for yourself. Either way I refuse to believe calling a group of people barbarians is any kind of ism provided the evidence warrants such a description which it does in this case IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                                X