Let them Burn Bibles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let them Burn Bibles

So, if Afghans are appalled at the 'accidental' burning of Qurans by American soldiers, why don't we - the west - give the Afghans a bunch of Christian Bibles and some lighters?
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

The thing is someone else discarded the cult books and those two GIs were just tasked with burning all the garbage each day including, without their knowledge, the cult books. That Afghans refuse to recognize the difference between intentional and unintentional means 1) They really are just looking for a reason to riot & show how much they hate us and 2) We've wasted over ten years of our time and money on a primitive people who really are nothing more then barbarians. They're not worth helping, they will always be backwards dickheads because they want to be backwards dickheads, and it's there problem not anyone else's so we need to just pack up and go home. ****'em.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

It really astonishes me how much we give these folks a pass on their massive intolerance. They go around executing apostates, people who converted to Christianity, and we're just like "meh, different strokes for different folks." Then some crackpot preacher THREATENS to burn a Koran in Florida and boom, they're up in arms, and we're APOLOGIZING like it's actually our fault that they're set off more easily than white phosphorous.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
        It really astonishes me how much we give these folks a pass on their massive intolerance. They go around executing apostates, people who converted to Christianity, and we're just like "meh, different strokes for different folks."
        We are?

Comment

I'm going to enjoy laughing at them too when they inevitable sink back into another 20 years of civil war and they start crying about why no one bothers to give them aid money any more. They collectively don't deserve a god damned penny and I won't donate to any organization which gives them ****; I don't care if 99.99999999999999% of their resources go some where else if the charity sends one seed of grain to Afghanistan for any reason they're perminently blacklisted from my donation list. The bastards have already sucked up enough of the world's resources and deserve nothing else.

Comment

We should have just gone home after teaching the Taliban our rather violent lesson. Now we're stuck propping up a pathetic regime in order to save face.
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
              So, if Afghans are appalled at the 'accidental' burning of Qurans by American soldiers, why don't we - the west - give the Afghans a bunch of Christian Bibles and some lighters?
              It is sacrilegious for a Muslim to burn a bible. It's a holy book to them, as well.
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                It really astonishes me how much we give these folks a pass on their massive intolerance. They go around executing apostates, people who converted to Christianity, and we're just like "meh, different strokes for different folks." Then some crackpot preacher THREATENS to burn a Koran in Florida and boom, they're up in arms, and we're APOLOGIZING like it's actually our fault that they're set off more easily than white phosphorous.
                That's politics.
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                  It is sacrilegious for a Muslim to burn a bible. It's a holy book to them, as well.
                  Meh. Both cult books of primative people.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                    Using CIA public info for Afghanistan, literacy defined as: 'age 15 and over can read and write' = total population: 28.1%, with male@ 43.1% & female @ 12.6%. (Other sources estimate the total adult literacy rate between 23% to 32%).
                    So, if you give them any book, especially one written in a European language, most won't know what it is. We could give them Danish translations of the Quran, tell them they are Christian Bibles, and encourage them to burn them. We could plant IEDs inside, just for the fun of it!
                    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Clearly this plan deserves several hundred million in government funding. :yes:

Comment

I support it wholeheartedly
                        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                          We've wasted over ten years of our time and money on a primitive people who really are nothing more then barbarians. They're not worth helping, they will always be backwards dickheads because they want to be backwards dickheads, and it's there problem not anyone else's so we need to just pack up and go home. ****'em.
                          It's truly amazing how casually racist you are.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

The bastards have already sucked up enough of the world's resources and deserve nothing else.

Imagine we applied this reasoning to the US.
                            In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris View Post

The bastards have already sucked up enough of the world's resources and deserve nothing else.

Imagine we applied this reasoning to the US.
                              One of the most efficient economies in the world?

Comment

Working...
                              X