Just some pictures of Nazis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
    A man not noted for avoiding anything confrontationally. Or for pronouncing "New York" as "Noo Yok".
    He avoided confrontation, yet insisted on openly living life his own way in spite of what his detractors said. Think about it.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• I don't like the song englishman in new york but there are other great songs on the same album. Good on you to find the worst one.
      How about they dance alone or sister moon. Also just because a song is"creepy" does not make it a bad song. In fact, the ability to evoke any emotion is a testament to the effectiveness of the song. Also, Sting agreed with you about Every breath you take and wrote if you love somebody set them free..... And furthermore, maybe you have never felt so crazy about someone that you wanted to track there every move but I lot of people have and can relate...
      What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
      What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
        Given that "Rabbit [and pork]" is supposedly rhyming slang for "talk", it would appear to rhyme in cockney.

Only out of desperation. And I'm not sure how much relevance cockney has to a song about a man from the stockbroker belt with impeccable Received Pronunciation, sung by a Geordie with a desperate weakness for cod-Jamaican accents.
        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Sting has started releasing albums of lute music, that says it all really.

Oh and Elok, there is such a thing as good rap music, unfortunately it accounts for roughly 0.002% of rap music.

Comment

• Rap can only be good insofar as it ceases to be rap by acquiring non-rap traits such as a melody and singing. Otherwise the limitations of the genre require it to be bad. I've had more than one person recommend me a rap piece as "good rap," which when listened to was indistinguishable from "bad rap."
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• I'd call clever rap, good rap. Then again I'm a sucker for clever wordplay.

Comment

• If it's good wordplay, I'd be glad to read it, or even listen to it recited in a normal tone of voice, slowly enough to be properly understood. The jerky, stuttering delivery of rap is simply infuriating, and you can't understand half the words. That's not a huge problem for singers, since most of the power of a song is in its tune, but if all you've got is the meaning of your words to move people, you ought to make them clear.
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• I get what you mean, but I think clever rap works when those lines aren't stuttery but manage to create their own harmony.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
                    Rap can only be good insofar as it ceases to be rap by acquiring non-rap traits such as a melody and singing. Otherwise the limitations of the genre require it to be bad. I've had more than one person recommend me a rap piece as "good rap," which when listened to was indistinguishable from "bad rap."
                    I really do enjoy it when a self appointed expert makes a recommendation to someone.

That said, I've always enjoyed Bay Area hip hop on the Heiroglyphics and Quannum labels.
                    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                    X