This is what happens when politics mixes with hate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is what happens when politics mixes with hate

Arkansas Democratic Campaign Manager Comes Home To Find Child’s Cat Murdered, ‘LIBERAL’ Written On Dead Body
    By Scott Keyes on Jan 23, 2012 at 2:20 pm
    The campaign manager of Arkansas Democratic congressional candidate Ken Aden arrived home last night to find his child’s pet cat murdered on the front porch with the word “LIBERAL” scrawled across its lifeless body.
    Aden’s campaign manager, Jake Burris, lives in central Arkansas with his four kids. Blue Arkansas has more on the scene at Burris’s home (emphases are ours):
    Last night, Jake and his four kids had come back to their Russellville home. As they were getting out of the car, one of his children discovered their family cat dead on the front porch. One side of the animal’s head had been bashed in and an eyeball was hanging out of its socket. But there was something even more horrifying to be found on the corpse. Written across the animal’s fur in black marker was the word “LIBERAL“.
    Here is a picture of the family’s murdered cat:

Pope County, where Burris lives, is a highly-conservative area of Arkansas. Aden has been running for the 3rd congressional district seat, currently held by Rep. Steve Womack (R-AR), since August 2011. He released a statement on the matter this morning: “To kill a child’s pet is just unconscionable. As a former combat soldier, I’ve seen the best of humanity and the worst of humanity. Whoever did this is definitely part of the worst of humanity.”
    It is unclear at this time precisely who committed this heinous act.
    http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...-on-dead-body/

Yes, I know that the majority of mainstream Republicans are just as appalled with such heinous acts as others are. Yes, I know that such acts are likely committed by mentally unstable persons or psychopaths. Yes, I know that these heinous acts are not representative of mainstream conservatism or Republican thought.

But when the conservative social movement is constantly using the words "liberalism" and "liberal" as negative, inhuman epithets in the media and in communities, SOME whackos will feel justified in committing heinous, inhumane acts.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Arkansas-cat.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	9092748
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

FACT: nobody cares
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I have to disagree with the story ... having the side of the head bashed in with the eyeball hanging out is a tad bit more horrifying to me than the world liberal written on fur.

Comment

But when the conservative social movement is constantly using the words "liberalism" and "liberal" as negative, inhuman epithets in the media and in communities, SOME whackos will feel justified in committing heinous, inhumane acts.
          Rubbish. "Whackos" are just that: people whose mental illnesses and diseases put them outside the political spectrum and within the real of psychiatric, not political problems. One may as well blame the weather or the man who gave them a funny look at the drug store. And the premise of your argument is nonsensical, too: no one in the media and in communities uses the word "liberal" and "liberalism" to imply that the adherents to the latter ideology are inhuman. Conservatives may disagree with liberal beliefs and values but that reflects differences of opinion between liberals and conservatives in the American political discourse. At no stage have any conservative political figures suggested that liberals deserve to be put to death.

Take time, too, to consider the implications: when Jimmy Hoffa says--
          “Everybody here has a vote...if we go back and we keep the eye on the prize. Let’s take these sons of *****es out and give America back to America where we belong.”

Isn't he engaging in that supposedly violent rhetoric you condemn? Hoffa's remarks may be crass and tasteless. But crass and tasteless remarks by Democrats don't amount to declarations of hunting season on Republicans any more than they do when spoken by Republicans as against Democrats. Strident differences of opinion don't endanger the political discourse in a democratic polity if everyone in that polity agrees to abide by the same basic rules of democratic governance.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Who gives a ****? It's a dumb cat.
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
              Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
              Whoever did that, to an innocent cat, is deranged.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                I do. I think the person responsible should be carved up.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I'm guessing the owner of the cat cares because if someone is willing to invade your home, kill your cat and scrawl "LIBERAL" on its hide then they might also be willing to hurt you. I mean, duh. You are so dumb that my being rude to you is acceptable.

Comment

Do Albie & KH do this to house pets all the time?
                    Last edited by Uncle Sparky; January 24, 2012, 10:28.
                    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

What lesson is MrFun trying to teach here that people don't already know? Killing people's pets is wrong? Would this be any better if he had written "FATTY" or "*******" on the cat?
                      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

It would have been funnier if he had written "ZIONIST".

Comment

I know, right? It's like when Glenn Close boiled the bunny and everybody was all freaking out and I was like, "Damn, she just made you rabbit soup, what's the problem? You *****es haven't even tried it. I bet it's good eating."
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                            I do. I think the person responsible should be carved up.
                            Yeah and behead Mike Vick

So stupid when you're willing to put HUMANS to death over a freaking animal.
                            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I give a **** because cats are awesome. Why are you so emotionally detached from life?
                              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                              X