No announcement yet.

For $30, You Too, Can Never Have to Worry About Getting Laid Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if the quoted part is an actual question? Shouldn't the question mark then be inside? Should there be double punctuation of a period after the quotation mark?
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
      What if the quoted part is an actual question? Shouldn't the question mark then be inside?
      Yes.

Should there be double punctuation of a period after the quotation mark?
      No.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
        What if the quoted part is an actual question? Shouldn't the question mark then be inside? Should there be double punctuation of a period after the quotation mark?
        Did you ask "What if the quoted part is an actual question?"?
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

For reference I have Simon & Schuster, Handbook for Writers Third Edition (1993) from college (Page 518)

3: Placing question marks, exclamation points, and dashes inside of outside closing quotation marks, according to context:

If a question mark, exclamation point, or dash belongs with the words enclosed in the quotation marks, put that punctuation mark inside the closing quotation mark.

Examples:
          "Did I Hear You Call My Name?" was the winning song.
          "I've won the lottery!" he shouted.
          "Who's there? Why don't you ans-"

If a question mark, exclamation point, or dash belongs with words that are not included in the quotation marks, put the punctuation outside the closing quotation mark.

Examples:
          Have you read Nikki Giovanni's poem "Knoxville, Tennessee"?
          If only I could write a story like Erskine Caldwell's "The Rumor"!
          Weak Excuses-a classic is "I have to visit my grandparents"-change little from year to year.

We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

For 30 dollah, she love you long time.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

lots of freaky hot nerd chicks are into star trek
              and they also tend to be into anime cosplay

i'd take a nerd chick over some herpes club hoebag any day
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
              X