No announcement yet.

For $30, You Too, Can Never Have to Worry About Getting Laid Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw on cracked.com that the sound effect for the door opening is paper being taken out of an envelope.

To be honest, this device really sounds like something up Oerdin's alley.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Poor Albie. So young yet so consistently wrong about... well, everything.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
        I saw on cracked.com that the sound effect for the door opening is paper being taken out of an envelope.

To be honest, this device really sounds like something up Oerdin's alley.
        I suspect nothing sounds like it's been up your alley, 'cept maybe cobwebs.
        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
          I bet he's wearing eBay 'gently used' counselor Deanna Troi underwear.
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]171075[/ATTACH]
          Fun fact: This is Marina Sirtis' default expression unless instructed otherwise by the director.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Should the thread title perhaps read, "You too can have to worry about never getting laid again?" This totally seems like one of Oerdinner's typos.
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

If you're going to try to rewrite things and take about typos you should at least not make typos while you do it. Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                If you're going to try to rewrite things and take about typos you should at least not make typos while you do it. Just saying.
                I don't see any typos in his post, but I do see one in yours.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

The question mark should be outside the parentheses in his post. Should it not? Also I don't see anything wrong with my previous post unless you're going to get snooty with commas. That would be pendantic though.

Comment

The question mark should be outside the parentheses in his post. Should it not?
                    You are quite wrong on this point.

Edit: After a bit of googling I am forced to concede that you are, actually, correct on this point. In American English, commas and periods go inside the quotation mark, but all other forms of punctuation go on the outside. I never knew there was a distinction between commas and periods and other marks.

Also I don't see anything wrong with my previous post unless you're going to get snooty with commas. That would be pendantic though.
                    Last edited by Lorizael; January 18, 2012, 11:54.

Comment

Batting 0.500 isn't bad.

Comment

It's more like shooting .500 from the free throw line though. Or batting .500 in t-ball

Comment

I'll take what I can get.

Comment

You should use the Shaq line... "I make them when it counts"

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                              You are quite wrong on this point.

Edit: After a bit of googling I am forced to concede that you are, actually, correct on this point. In American English, commas and periods go inside the quotation mark, but all other forms of punctuation go on the outside. I never knew there was a distinction between commas and periods and other marks.
                              I put the punctuation on the outside as default, except where it is directly relevant to the quoted section. Certainly if the whole sentence is the question it should go outside.

I don't care if it's right, it's just what I do.
                              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

From what I can tell that is correct for British English.

Comment

Working...
                                X