1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Stay classy, Philly

edit: Wezil
      Blah

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
        the last one occurred saturday afternoon, which was not the first day of the new year...
        I think you're right, and now that I look more closely the first one was before midnight so it doesn't count either. Only three people died on New Years' Day, and one of them died of a stab wound a few minutes after midnight so I guess the murder technically didn't happen that day. It looks like only two actual murders happened that day. Lame

Comment

Chicago (pop. 2.7 million) had its first murder of 2012 in the early hours of January 2nd. Gang-related.

January 2, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 19-year-old Harold Washington College student is Chicago's first murder victim of the year. Nicholas Camacho, 19, was out with several friends early Monday morning when they stopped in an alley in the 3200-block of West Lawrence. Camacho was a passenger in a vehicle.

Apparently, we got through NYE without any.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I was kinda bummed by the thread thinking of the baby Jesus crying, and then

what I really like is the guy who was shot "six to nine times".

That is one lazy ****ing pathologist

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
              http://www.philly.com/philly/news/br...mpid=124488429

Ridiculous. How many murders today in your city?
              None, as normal.
              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                Chicago (pop. 2.7 million) had its first murder of 2012 in the early hours of January 2nd. Gang-related.

Apparently, we got through NYE without any.
                Ours was on Jan 2 too. A former boyfriend decided to kill his ex-girlfriend and her brother (whose house she was staying at) after which he killed himself. If you want to blow your brains out then just do it but don't take innocent people with you.

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Some Indian guy was indiscrimately shot in the head on Boxing Day, but nothing since then that I am aware of.
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Yes, I saw that on the national news.
                    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

Philly = Mogadishu.
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

But Mogadishu doesn't have Alby, so it wins out.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

As it turns out, there were over a dozen deaths, although none were murders. They were suicides over the prospects of yet another year in Philly.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

We had 4 for all of last year, that's for ~250000 people.
                            Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Yeah Garth, but how many people froze to death?
                              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                                Ours was on Jan 2 too. A former boyfriend decided to kill his ex-girlfriend and her brother (whose house she was staying at) after which he killed himself. If you want to blow your brains out then just do it but don't take innocent people with you.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...80200D20120103
                                Wow. Two Navy pilots at that.
                                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Working...
                                X