Six murders in Philadelphia first day of the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six murders in Philadelphia first day of the year

PHILADELPHIA - Police in Philadelphia report a bloody end to the old year and the start of a new one with six people killed and others injured around the City of Brotherly Love.

Police said shortly before midnight, a 36-year-old man and 31-year-old woman were found shot to death in a car north of the center of the city.

A few hours later, a 23-year-old man was found nearby with a gunshot wound and died at a hospital.

A few minutes after midnight, a 77-year-old man died after he was stabbed in a domestic dispute in south Philadelphia. A 52-year-old man was arrested.

In northeastern Philadelphia early Sunday, a 47-year-old man was shot to death.

A 26-year-old man died Saturday afternoon after he was shot six to nine times in north Philadelphia.
    Ridiculous. How many murders today in your city?
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Given the murder rate here of 0.0 per 100,000 (with a population of less than 7000), I'm guessing it wasn't a lot...

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
      http://www.philly.com/philly/news/br...mpid=124488429

Ridiculous. How many murders today in your city?
      Six less philadelphians
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

That's a drop in the bucket. At this pace they'll only have taken out ~2000 Philadelphians by the end of the year. They're going to breed faster than that.

Comment

We can only hope that philly will bomb itself again, but be more thorough this time.
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Hold on, I noticed the "six murders" involved seven deaths. Still a drop in the bucket however.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
              Hold on, I noticed the "six murders" involved seven deaths. Still a drop in the bucket however.
              Huh?

I count 6.

I should also note that article was posted 11:53 AM. So there were still 12 more hours to go. I don't know if there's been more murders. Probably will find out in the morning.
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                the last one occurred saturday afternoon, which was not the first day of the new year...
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Where are the seven deaths? It's a 36 year old man, 31 year old woman, 23 year old man, 77 year old man, a 47 year old man, and a 26 year old man. That's 6.

Comment

I'm guessing he counted the arrested suspect as dead
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

what I really like is the guy who was shot "six to nine times".

That is one lazy ****ing pathologist.
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

So technically there were five murders on the first day of the year. Philadelphians are both murderers and exaggerators
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Zero, of course.

There were 11 all last year in Calgary (population ~1.1 million).
                          Philly has what, 1.4 million people?

There were 328 last year in Philly.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                            So technically there were five murders on the first day of the year. Philadelphians are both murderers and exaggerators
                            5 as of 11:53 AM... as in this morning. There may have been more since.

Comment

Stay classy Philly.
                              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X