The 2012 Off Topic Celebrity Dead Pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The End is Nigh.(TM)
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• RIP sports union leader Marvin Miller, 95. He freed the slaves...

Marvin Miller, the first executive director of the Major League Baseball Players Association, dead at 95 after year-long battle with cancer

Under Miller's leadership as their union chief, the average players' salary went from $10,000 in 1967 to $329,000 by 1984 while the minimum salary increased from $6,000 to $40,000.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...#ixzz2DRJBfriH
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• (Wezil has gone into hiding believing Ming's success is a sign of the apocalypse.)
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Wezil is not in hiding. In fact he is quite visible at sites where the "Senior Staff" and moderators don't engage in baseless name calling and insults against the posters. As the Dead Pool is the only remaining thread of interest for me at Poly my appearances will be rather infrequent in the future. So long as this is okay with the players (and the above mentioned ambassadors for Poly don't drive me from this thread as well) I will continue to administer the pool. It's up to you guys to decide if if this is acceptable.

Ming - Congrats on ending the long dry spell. I will update your points this weekend.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Thanks... and just bookmark the thread and ignore the rest of the site
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
              Thanks... and just bookmark the thread and ignore the rest of the site

Wezil has a hard time ignoring things that p**s him off. He'd rather get even.

(But his at-times grumpy attitude can be forgiven simply for the amount of effort it takes to run The Dead pool )

And congrat's Ming for finally hitting paydirt. One more and I think you will have caught up to me.
              If at first you don't succeed, take the bloody hint and give up.

Comment

• Wezil couldn't harvest a good pissed off if his life depended on it. He doesn't have it in him. Wezil, hire me. I'll get pissed off for you, and I'm cheap.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Larry Hagman was 81 and a unique pick for Ming (20).

= (171 - 20) + (100 - 81) + 25

= 195 points

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                  Thanks... and just bookmark the thread and ignore the rest of the site
                  Checking the thread is easy enough, it's the updates that take time. I'm aiming for monthly.
                  "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                    Wezil couldn't harvest a good pissed off if his life depended on it. He doesn't have it in him. Wezil, hire me. I'll get pissed off for you, and I'm cheap.
                    That is the rumour.

Comment

• It's getting close to that time again. If there is to be a 2013 edition of the Dead Pool prep work will need to be done and a signup posted within a couple weeks...

Is there still enough interest to carry this abomination forward another year?

Comment

• I think I've actually found a use for the '...thank you ...for the useful post" - sign up ^.
                        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• People will die in the coming year. Why should it be for nothing?
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                            It's getting close to that time again. If there is to be a 2013 edition of the Dead Pool prep work will need to be done and a signup posted within a couple weeks...

I'm game (hopefully I can be on time this year).
                            If at first you don't succeed, take the bloody hint and give up.

Comment

• Interested = yes
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                                It's getting close to that time again. If there is to be a 2013 edition of the Dead Pool prep work will need to be done and a signup posted within a couple weeks...

My list is almost ready.
                                Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Working...
                                X