Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Ravi Shankar, 92.

Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• One for Guy: Lee MacPhail supposedly died last month.

Mr. MacPhail, a former general manager of the Yankees and the Baltimore Orioles, was president of the American League during the pine-tar dispute of July 1983.

You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• Dom Mintoff was 96 and a unique pick for Robert Plomp (9)

= (171 - 9) + (100 - 96) + 25
        = 191 points
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Lee MacPhail was 95 and a unique pick for Guynemer (11)

= (171 - 11) + (100 - 95) + 25
          = 190 points
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• I hope to have the 2013 signup thread posted in the next couple days so start working on those new teams.

Comment

• Daniel Inouye was 88 and a unique pick for Hauldren Collider (15)

= (171 - 15) + (100 - 88) + 25
              = 193 points

Link to follow...

Comment

• Washington (CNN) -- Daniel Inouye, the Medal of Honor-winning World War II veteran who represented Hawaii in the Senate for five decades, has died at age 88, his office announced Monday.

Inouye had been hospitalized for "respiratory complications" after starting treatment to regulate his oxygen intake last week, his spokesman, Peter Boylan, told CNN earlier Monday.

He won his ninth consecutive term in 2010 and was the second longest-serving senator in the chamber's history, trailing only Sen. Robert Byrd of West Virginia. He has been a senator for all but three of the Hawaii's 53 years as a state and had served as its first House member before that.

Daniel Inouye, the Medal of Honor-winning World War II veteran who represented Hawaii in the Senate for four decades, died Monday at 88.

Comment

• Dec 24, 6:27 PM EST
                  Jack Klugman dies in Los Angeles

By ANTHONY McCARTNEY
                  AP Entertainment Writer

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Jack Klugman, the prolific, craggy-faced character actor and regular guy who was loved by millions as the messy one in TV's "The Odd Couple" and the crime-fighting coroner in "Quincy, M.E.," died Monday, a son said. He was 90.

Klugman, who lost his voice to throat cancer in the 1980s and trained himself to speak again, died with his wife at his side.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Jack Klugman was 90 and a unique pick for MRT144 (9)

= (171 - 9) + (100 - 90) + 25
                    = 197 points.

Comment

• Charles Durning, actor and WW-II vet died yesterday as well.

Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Gerry Anderson died today-
                        LONDON — Gerry Anderson, puppetry pioneer and British creator of the sci-fi hit “Thunderbirds” TV show, has died. He was 83.

Anderson’s son Jamie said his father died peacefully in his sleep on Wednesday at a nursing home near Oxfordshire, England, after being diagnosed with mixed dementia two years ago.

His condition had worsened dramatically over the past six months, his son said.

Read more: http://entertainment.time.com/2012/1...#ixzz2GE9Aztca
                        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Stormin' Norman, DEAD.

link
                          I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                          [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• RIP
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Oh, Schwarzkopf... I know a gay actor that is aka Stormin' Norman...
                              RIP anyway.
                              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• RIP
                                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
                                X