X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barnabas View Post
    Its BERlusconi, not BURlusconi
    Noted and corrected.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Mayan's Choice Award

Could we have a "Mayan's Choice" award this year to commemorate the end of time?

I think that any celebrity that dies on December 21, 2012 should receive double points.
      Maybe the Mayans weren't predicting the end of the word, but suggesting the world wouldn't be worth living in without [insert celebrity here].

Any thoughts?
      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Links to previous years, if you want to spend some time researching history

2008:

2009:

2010: (hard to find for some reason)

2011:

one interesting tidbit - Ariel Sharon - he is still alive.
        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Some phrases associated with Ariel Sharon (wiki) --

persistent vegetative state
          second stroke
          cerebral hemorrhage
          heart infection
          pneumonia
          14-hour operation
          ventilator
          necrotic large intestine
          paralysis in lower body
          lengthy coma
          tracheotomy

This has been going on since his second massive stroke, which was in January 2006. They just won't let him die, so I took him off my list.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Hurray! Thanks Wezil!
            I'm looking forward to another year.

I suddenly realise that I forgot to check my list against Ming's list....
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Ariel Sharon is dead for all intents and purposes.
              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                New players often make the mistake of picking a celeb because the celeb is old.

Guilty!

Had to start somewhere though, right?
                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO View Post
                  Guilty!

Had to start somewhere though, right?
                  Learn from the masters Grasshopper.
                  "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Plato (Plato’s Legio Mortis)

4. *Abe Vigoda

Abe has been a Dead Pool pick for the past 30 years.

There's a reason no one else picked him.

Comment

If my #10 pick, Tom Baker regenerates post-mortem, does he still count?
                      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Zombie picks would be awesome points.

Comment

Nobody outsiders complained so far about this pool that it is tasteless
                          That takes a bit of the fun away. Can someone please whine at least a tad bit?
                          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

**** this ****! Tasteless bastards all of us!
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I'm oddly comforted.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                                Nobody outsiders complained so far about this pool that it is tasteless
                                We've come a long way. I think seeing what the DP is actually about over the past few years has tempered some attitudes.

It's as tasteful as tasteless can be.

Comment

Working...
                                X