Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2012 Off Topic Celebrity Dead Pool

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • embalmer42
    replied
    Originally posted by Wezil View Post
    2012 has not been a good year for aging disco stars.




    I'll sort it out tomorrow morning. GoT awaits...


    Some people should really learn to sort out their priorities.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    Four teams predicted Mr. Gibb (aged 62) wouldn't be Stayin' Alive past 2012:

    OFITG (1): (171 - 1) + (100 - 62) + 50 (Daily Double) = 258 points
    ColdWizard (2): 207 points
    Wezil (13): 246 points (Daily Double)
    Bugs ****ing Bunny (14): 195 points


    ColdWizard remains on top of the standings.

    Leave a comment:


  • Uncle Sparky
    replied
    I think Wezil & OFITG both hit the daily double!

    Leave a comment:


  • OzzyKP
    replied
    Originally posted by Dinner View Post
    I demand someone on my list die!

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
    Another senseless disco-related death:
    2012 has not been a good year for aging disco stars.


    Robin Gibb of the Bee Gees, 62, has died of cancer.

    Robin Gibb, one of three brothers who made up the disco group the Bee Gees, died on Sunday, according to a statement on his website.


    I believe Wezil and Bugs score.
    I may have hit a Daily Double as well.

    I'll sort it out tomorrow morning. GoT awaits...

    Leave a comment:


  • Straybow
    replied
    Oh, man, I didn't catch the news of Sendak's death... RIP Maurice, Donna, and Robin

    Leave a comment:


  • Dinner
    replied
    I demand someone on my list die!

    Leave a comment:


  • ColdWizard
    replied
    Does this mean John Travolta is next?

    Leave a comment:


  • -Jrabbit
    replied
    Another senseless disco-related death:

    Robin Gibb of the Bee Gees, 62, has died of cancer.

    Robin Gibb, one of three brothers who made up the disco group the Bee Gees, died on Sunday, according to a statement on his website.


    I believe Wezil and Bugs score.

    Leave a comment:


  • Krill
    replied
    He should have died 6 months ago to give me that god damn grand slam.

    Leave a comment:


  • Provost Harrison
    replied
    Originally posted by Wezil View Post
    About F'ing time... The world is a better place this morning.

    The former Libyan intelligence officer convicted of the 1988 Lockerbie bombing that killed 270 people has died, his brother said on Sunday. He was 59.

    Abdel Basset al-Megrahi died at home after a long battle with cancer. His health had deteriorated quickly, his brother Abdulhakim told Reuters on Sunday.


    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle2438475/
    Good riddance, arsehole!

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    Reuters is also reporting the death (based upon word of the family which I still have some difficulty with...). If he pops up alive again I'll amend the stats.

    al-Megrahi was 60 (not 59 - the quoted report is incorrect) and a choice of 5 teams.

    Krill (1): (171 - 1) + (100 - 60) = 210 points
    OzzyKP (3): 208 pts
    DaShi (5): 206 pts
    OFITG (12): 199 pts
    Wezil (17): 194 pts
    Last edited by Wezil; May 20, 2012, 10:56.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    About F'ing time... The world is a better place this morning.

    The former Libyan intelligence officer convicted of the 1988 Lockerbie bombing that killed 270 people has died, his brother said on Sunday. He was 59.

    Abdel Basset al-Megrahi died at home after a long battle with cancer. His health had deteriorated quickly, his brother Abdulhakim told Reuters on Sunday.


    Leave a comment:


  • Uncle Sparky
    replied
    Originally posted by Wezil View Post
    Another life shortened by disco.
    QFT RIP

    Leave a comment:


  • Berzerker
    replied
    rip

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X