Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2012 Off Topic Celebrity Dead Pool

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • -Jrabbit
    replied
    Stick with conscious self-deception. You'll feel better about life.
    And death.

    Leave a comment:


  • DaShi
    replied
    My memory has me winning last year. This year as well, until I look at the scores again.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dinner
    replied
    Originally posted by Ming View Post
    HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA... Some of us have had Slump seasons...
    I've only been playing this year but so far my slump season started on Jan 1st.

    Leave a comment:


  • ColdWizard
    replied
    My four hits are in my top six, so I'm doing disturbingly well.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    We'd send you to the minors Ming but this is the minors.

    Looks like we're stuck with you.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ming
    replied
    Originally posted by Wezil View Post
    Slump season.

    It happens to the best of them.
    HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA... Some of us have had Slump seasons...

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    Slump season.

    It happens to the best of them.

    Leave a comment:


  • -Jrabbit
    replied
    It's not even June and I'm starting to worry about this year's outcome. Seems I picked all the wrong musicians.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lorizael
    replied
    Ah, so that was faded glory's plan.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    Dying will earn you a 25 point penalty immediately +1 point penalty for every day you continue with the tactic.

    Leave a comment:


  • DaShi
    replied
    Question: How many points do you get if you die?

    Leave a comment:


  • Ming
    replied
    The way this year is going, if I had just randomly picked a bunch of musicians, I might have scored my first "death" in years

    Leave a comment:


  • -Jrabbit
    replied
    Another one of the all-time greats has passed. RIP, Doc...

    Doc Watson, Folk Musician, Dies at 89
    By WILLIAM GRIMES
    Published: May 29, 2012

    Doc Watson, the guitarist and folk singer whose flat-picking style elevated the acoustic guitar to solo status in bluegrass and country music, and whose interpretations of traditional American music profoundly influenced generations of folk and rock guitarists, died on Tuesday in Winston-Salem, N.C. He was 89.

    Mr. Watson, who had been blind since he was a year old, died in a hospital after recently undergoing abdominal surgery

    Leave a comment:


  • Ming
    replied
    They included that on the FRONT PAGE of the Wall Street Journal this morning... granted, just a sentence, but it was there

    Leave a comment:


  • Uncle Sparky
    replied
    Eugene Polley died today - he invented the Flash-Matic in the 50s, the 1st TV wireless remote. Couch Potatoes would not exist without this man!

    http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/n...s-television-r

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X