Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2012 Off Topic Celebrity Dead Pool

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wezil
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
    Not sure why I am commenting, it is only with some degree of morbid fascination/disgust that I even read this thread, but I seem to keep being drawn back to it :shrug:
    You'll submit a team eventually.



    You are treating this as a negative, I am thinking more on the positive...couldn't someone theoretically get twice the points if someone on their list dies twice ("confirmed" dead) in the same year? For that matter why stop at twice?


    Come on now. Even the messiah only rose once.

    If you are going to further clarify the rules, perhaps you could expand it further to prevent collusion and conspiracy. I would hate to see Ming and Jrabbit kill someone from each others list just to get each other the points (not specifically against the rules as I read them).

    /me back to lurker mode
    Already covered.


    21. a) You may not go out and “help yourself” win. Basically, you cannot kill someone on your list to give yourself more points. (any list actually).

    Leave a comment:


  • Sparrowhawk
    replied
    Not sure why I am commenting, it is only with some degree of morbid fascination/disgust that I even read this thread, but I seem to keep being drawn back to it :shrug:

    Originally posted by Wezil View Post
    This is the main concern. I don't want to award points only to find out years later that the guy is still alive.
    You are treating this as a negative, I am thinking more on the positive...couldn't someone theoretically get twice the points if someone on their list dies twice ("confirmed" dead) in the same year? For that matter why stop at twice?

    If you are going to further clarify the rules, perhaps you could expand it further to prevent collusion and conspiracy. I would hate to see Ming and Jrabbit kill someone from each others list just to get each other the points (not specifically against the rules as I read them).

    /me back to lurker mode

    Leave a comment:


  • Dinner
    replied
    Originally posted by DaShi View Post
    Let's just let the current top 5 decide.
    Why not the bottom five?

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    I think DaShi should demonstrate he was not in fact in Libya on May 20th.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    Again, are you asking for an alibi so we know Ozzy didn't drop the drone bomb on that poor terrorist's head?

    Leave a comment:


  • DaShi
    replied
    My point is about the possibility that a player could have violated 21a. In fact, since we can't prove that he did, we can't issue the full penalty under the rulings. However, we also can't prove that he didn't creating a potential loophole in this rule that I'd like to see closed.

    Leave a comment:


  • ColdWizard
    replied
    And yet you're suspicious, thus nullifying your own point.

    Leave a comment:


  • DaShi
    replied
    Former president of NYRA is a perfect CIA cover because no one would expect it.

    However, I care more about the rules being followed than the outcome of the committee. What I'd like to see is this clarified in the next Pool.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    That's 3 in favour so far. Still waiting on SlowwHand and OFITG.

    DaShi's Motion is not faring well at committee.

    Leave a comment:


  • ColdWizard
    replied
    1. U.S. drones in Pakistan are operated by CIA.
    2. Former president of NYRA is a terrible choice for CIA cover.

    Therefore Ozzy is not in the CIA and thus not violation of rule 21a.

    Further, I move that DaShi be hit in the face with banana cream pie.

    Leave a comment:


  • DaShi
    replied
    Then the bottom five. Just kidding.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    Sure but you do realise the recommendation of this committee will be forwarded to the Judges Panel for a final decision?

    Leave a comment:


  • Guynemer
    replied
    If we're going top five, my vote is count it.

    Leave a comment:


  • DaShi
    replied
    Let's just let the current top 5 decide.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    Alright then,

    I presume you insist on being on the committee?

    How many others do we need?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X