No announcement yet.

Promoting civil rights in Utah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The phrase "sad little man" is offensive to depressed dwarfs, such as out-of-work actors who can only get silly "munchkin" type roles they refuse to take on principle.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Peter Dinklage.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
        The phrase "sad little man" is offensive to depressed dwarfs, such as out-of-work actors who can only get silly "munchkin" type roles they refuse to take on principle.
        And an almost Happy Roman Rite Christmas to you too, my favourite schismatic.

I thought of you on Sunday when I was visiting my Slovenian friend in the Jewish charity shop she works in. They had a Peruvian Nativity scene on sale...
        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

By Peruvian Nativity scene, do you mean a little one with neat matching figurines painted to look sort of Quechua? I've seen a couple for sale, but not a single person uses them. They prefer the big, sprawling sort of creche made of every animal or human figurine they can find all tossed together. You get five kings (of course, scripture doesn't mention their number), of two or three different sizes, all gathering around to adore the Christ child. The youngest king comes up to the oldest one's waist, and may be made of plastic while the oldest is ancient ceramic. He may also have his view obstructed by a sheep twice his size, or a Santa Claus, or a turkey, or a pair of camels hauling a sleigh full of presents. It's all very eclectic and heart-warmingly unconcerned with taste.

BTW, I celebrate Christmas on the modern calendar.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
            By Peruvian Nativity scene, do you mean a little one with neat matching figurines painted to look sort of Quechua?
            Indeedy doody. I thought it quite sweet, but ironic in a Jewish charity shop.

BTW, I celebrate Christmas on the modern calendar
            Heretic!

Apostate !

I anathematize you !

(I don't really. I send you virtual mince pies and brandy butter and marzipan stollen and other yummy things)

Click image for larger version

Name:	1195_MEDIUM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	9092502
            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
            X