Government Employees Are the Scum of the Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
    You're forgetting that contractors do massively superior work than government employees. They also do it faster. And you can fire them if they do it wrong. It's nearly impossible to fire government employees.
    You don't really know this to be true. You just read it somewhere.
    Just one of my experience with contractors. As a Watch Officer for the Joint Task Force in Gitmo.
    A Navy Captain came into the Watch Center and noted that the deck looked like ****. I told one of my subordinates to get a crew together and strip and wax the deck. We were unable to get a buffer to strip and wax the decks because the buffers were on the base were all owned by private companies and would not lend out the buffers. In addition, they would only buff the floor if there was a contract that included the watch deck. The contract could only be started at the beginning of a quarter and fees for buffing were outrageous.
    Another great experience I had with contractors is when a spotlight on the Gitmo/Cuba border went out it took days of figure pointing to get a contractor to just go out and change the light.
    That's so efficient.
    In the old days, I could just tell someone to do these things and they would have been done.
    What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
    What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
      Yeah, and my mom works for the province of QC. She is a useless **** and she gets paid 75k a year to teach kindergarten. Nowhere in the private sector could she possibly get paid that much. **** government workers.
      I can tell by this statement that you love your mom.
      Also, apparently, that is what QC thinks a teacher is worth. You may think that's too much. I may think you get paid too much but someone is willing to pay her or you a certain salary.
      What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
      What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

• The point is that nobody is actually choosing to pay her that with their own money, you ****ing imbecile. The government is paying her with other people's money, and furthermore public sector unions are essentially monopolies.

Want to continue to make a fool of yourself, ****?
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by Pax View Post
          You don't really know this to be true. You just read it somewhere.
          Just one of my experience with contractors. As a Watch Officer for the Joint Task Force in Gitmo.
          A Navy Captain came into the Watch Center and noted that the deck looked like ****. I told one of my subordinates to get a crew together and strip and wax the deck. We were unable to get a buffer to strip and wax the decks because the buffers were on the base were all owned by private companies and would not lend out the buffers. In addition, they would only buff the floor if there was a contract that included the watch deck. The contract could only be started at the beginning of a quarter and fees for buffing were outrageous.
          Another great experience I had with contractors is when a spotlight on the Gitmo/Cuba border went out it took days of figure pointing to get a contractor to just go out and change the light.
          That's so efficient.
          In the old days, I could just tell someone to do these things and they would have been done.
          Oh, my argument is slain. How can in stand in the face of such authoritative anecdotal evidence?
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Are you trying to claim your argument based on no evidence at all is better?
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Considering that HC never presents evidence, especially when asked, I'd say his answer is yes.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                Oh, my argument is slain. How can in stand in the face of such authoritative anecdotal evidence?
                It's also called testimonial evidence...used in courts and too sell rogaine.

Comment

The point is that nobody is actually choosing to pay her that with their own money, you ****ing imbecile. The government is paying her with other people's money, and furthermore public sector unions are essentially monopolies.

****ing government. Once again, Actually, there is a way to effectively break any union and to decrease how much teachers make. Also, the pay was negotiated regardless of union or monopoly. It was NEGOTIATED. The NBA is also effectively a monopoly but there is still have to negotiate contracts etc..
                  P.S. the government provides services that they pay for through taxes. You may have never used any of these services. I.E. streets and etc. but some of us believe that the government employees work hard and provide useful services to the PEOPLE. You on the other hand seem to think that the only thing that matters is how much someone makes and that you should be the arbiter of who should make what.
                  By the way, at minimum if you don't hate your mother then you have no respect for her. Or you would not have made the comment that you did. A normal person would be embarrassed to make negative comments about there mother, but not you. Apparently all the money you make has went to your head. I feel sorry for the mother that had to carry your sorry ass in her stomach and raise an ungrateful bastard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                    I actually hate the teacher unions, and don't think they help teachers or society.

They generally focus reward on seniority and special positions (admin/special education) rather than on skill/talent. They are very active in other political areas (democrat) and not just teaching related ones.

Really they should be acted against.

It doesn't mean that teachers are taking advantage of the system, although I guess they are the ones who elect their union officials and have supported the current status.

JM
                    Seniority is the best way to reward teachers.
                    In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

• LOL
                      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

The point is that nobody is actually choosing to pay her that with their own money, you ****ing imbecile. The government is paying her with other people's money, and furthermore public sector unions are essentially monopolies.

They're not choosing an alternative to paying her that, so they must approve of it at some level.
                        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• As usual HC doesn't understand what he's talking about.

The value a teacher provides is extremely difficult to calculate. Absent this, the next best option is seniority.

Without a transparent scale, life in education is about sucking up to your superiors, and by that I mean people whose job is primarily to maintain enrollment and ensure success in national exams, i.e. the exact opposite of what a good teacher should be doing.
                          In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

• OB is right, you know. He wouldn't be able to teach philosophy at all if we didn't revere our oldest teachers, regardless of whether they can provide any useful skills or meaningful knowledge to today's youth.
                            1011 1100
                            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I find it somewhat ironic that this comes from an employee in the financial sector.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• I don't get it, are you saying Goldman Sachs gets its revenue from the government and not the private sector...?

Comment

Working...
                                X