Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a handicapped field all round.

The Special Olympics Election.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Yeah, what a shame. You have a very beatable sitting president and we're going to screw it up like the Democrats are famous for.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
        Leaders lead, those forced are not true leaders.
        Overly simplistic. When congress pay the bills and congress refuse to work with you on literally anything, then your hands are tied. Obama's mistake was trying to be bipartisan immediately after the election when he could have forced things through, but it's rather sad that trying to work with the Republicans turned out to be his biggest mistake.

Comment

Yes, poor leadership and decision making.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ron Paul is the only serious alternative to a status quo which is leading the US directly and quickly toward financial ruin and military catastrophe. History will show this out.

This notion that he "can't win" is strange considering it doesn't seem to be applied to other candidates with far less popular support and nowhere near the political organization standing behind Ron Paul.

That guys like Romney, Gingrich, and Perry are even allowed to run as serious candidates for a purportedly "conservative" party shows just how far true conservatism has fallen in the U.S. Traditional U.S. conservatism and liberty-minded philosophy is essentially nonexistent outside of the Ron Paul campaign.

Stand with Ron Paul, or start digging your graves.

Comment

It says an awful lot more about the repulsive partisan cowards in the Republican party than it does about Obama.

Comment

I'm trying to imagine how this opinion of yours doesn't make George W Bush the greatest leader of our time. He made terrible decisions but man, he could lead people into supporting those terrible decisions.
                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

And the dems are not partisan?

That's the problem with both parties. They're more concerned about retaining power than actual governing.
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                    I'm trying to imagine how this opinion of yours doesn't make George W Bush the greatest leader of our time. He made terrible decisions but man, he could lead people into supporting those terrible decisions.
                    Your claim not mine. I didn't even vote for Bush the second time around. (and that's saying something)
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

And the dems are not partisan?

That's the problem with both parties. They're more concerned about retaining power than actual governing.
                      America just faced one of its worst economic crisis since the great depression and the Republicans publically stated their number one aim was to beat Obama. They then proceeded to block everything that went near congress to the point of almost defaulting on Americas debts. They are traitorous cowards who deserve to be lined up against a wall and machine gunned, and the fact that so many of you still kiss their asses mean that you deserve everything thats coming to you, if one of the current field of ridiculous little hypocrites manage to lie their way into the White House.

Comment

Ken, quit mincing words and tell us how you really feel.
                        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

God, what threads are you reading here? I don't see anybody kissing their asses. If you ACTUALLY read a few of my earlier posts I called most of them raving lunatics. And if you ACTUALLY listened to their debates, Ron Paul sounded good, (to bad he has no charisma) and even Newt was bucking the stream. Your "paint it all black attitude" is just as bad/partisan as what you're complaining about.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Your claim not mine. I didn't even vote for Bush the second time around. (and that's saying something)
                            How do you define leadership?
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

To me leading is not just about getting people to follow you, it's about leading in the right direction. One is useless without the other.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by HalfLotus View Post
                                Ron Paul is the only serious alternative to a status quo which is leading the US directly and quickly toward financial ruin and military catastrophe. History will show this out.

This notion that he "can't win" is strange considering it doesn't seem to be applied to other candidates with far less popular support and nowhere near the political organization standing behind Ron Paul.

That guys like Romney, Gingrich, and Perry are even allowed to run as serious candidates for a purportedly "conservative" party shows just how far true conservatism has fallen in the U.S. Traditional U.S. conservatism and liberty-minded philosophy is essentially nonexistent outside of the Ron Paul campaign.

Stand with Ron Paul, or start digging your graves.
                                The reason people have a notion that Ron Paul can't win is because people have a notion that Ron Paul can't win.
                                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                                X