• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Republicans..Whose your guy/gal???

Declared 2012 Republican Presidential Candidate
    U.S. Representative from Minnesota

Michele Bachmann

Michele Bachmann, the three terms Minnesota Congresswoman, is the current chair of the Congressional Tea Party Caucus. The attractive Iowan has seen her fortune plummet in recent weeks following the entry of Texas Governor, Rick Perry, into the race. The resignation of deputy campaign manager, David Polyansky, and the redeployment of campaign manager Ed Rollins into a consulting role tell us that all is not well in the Bachmann camp. Her September poll numbers, hovering between 6-8%, is just a third of her post-Ames Straw Poll victory figures barely a month ago. Pundits have long cited the risks of Bachmann’s increasing tendency to move to the right, and it now appears that she may be holding her two top strategists responsible for the shift in her campaign’s fortunes.
    Bachmann's profile, official website and positions on the issues

Businessman, Politician & Media

Herman Cain

Cancer survivor, YouTube sensation and former mathematician with the US Navy, Herman Cain has a résumé that demands your attention. His experience on all three major fronts of American politics - corporate, legislative and media – through his stellar career at Pillsbury, the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City (as chairman) and as the host of WSB’s "The Herman Cain Show" in Atlanta, guarantees that the articulate Republican will never face a question of credibility.
    Cain's profile, official website and positions on the issues

Former Speaker of the House

Newt Gingrich

After a 13-year absence from mainstream politics, Newton Leroy Gingrich has announced his candidacy for the Republican presidential nomination. His campaign, which kicks off with 17-city swing, has unfortunately begun under a torrent of criticisms following his controversial statements on Medicare and a perceived attack of fellow Republican Paul Ryan. Nevertheless, Gingrich, a fighter and above all, a consummate politician, is expected to make a swift recovery and stamp his mark on the race.
    Gingrich's profile, official website and positions on the issues

Former Governor of Utah and Ambassador to China

Jon Huntsman

The 51-year old former Governor of Utah officially announced his much-anticipated entry into the
    presidential race, with the Statue of Liberty spectacularly serving as the backdrop. The highly rated and charismatic Republican technocrat is considered by many in Washington as one of most dangerous dark horses in the race, and is one of the few capable of unseating President Obama.
    Huntsman's profile, official website and positions on the issues

Former Governor of New Mexico

Gary Johnson

The former Libertarian Republican Governor does not attend church, is pro-choice, anti-big government, pro-immigration, an outspoken critic of the war on drugs and favors legalizing marijuana. He led New Mexico for eight years, during which time the state saw no tax increase, and he vetoed over 750 separate pieces of legislation to keep the government from growing. However, his views on civil liberties, foreign policy and drugs may be difficult for many conservatives to reconcile with.
    Johnson's profile, official website and positions on the issues

Political Consultant & Gay Rights Activist

Fred Karger

Fred Karger, one of the shrewdest Republican political operators of the past three decades, announced the formation of his 2012 Exploratory Committee on July 18, 2010, making him the first ever openly gay aspirant for the presidency. Despite being a lifelong Republican, the 61-year old Karger will be running on an independent ticket. His campaign was hit with a sucker punch when he was locked out of the Carolina Republican Party Presidential Debate of May 5, with the organizers citing his low poll numbers as the reason.
    Karger's profile, official website and positions on the issues

Andy Martin

The self-professed People’s Attorney General and Internet Powerhouse is famously remembered as the source of the chain mail and online reports questioning the citizenship of President Obama and the claim that he was a Muslim. The 66-year old Martin filed his papers as a candidate for the next presidential election on Feb 8, and was quoted two weeks later saying, “Obama
    plays for keeps. He plays rough, and that's the only way to beat him, and I'm the only one that is
    tough enough to do that."
    Martin's profile, official website and positions on the issues

Jimmy McMillan

The former mayoral, gubernatorial and senatorial candidate for the Rent Is Too Damn High Party announced his candidacy for the Republican presidential nomination on December last year. Explaining his decision not to contest the Democratic nomination, a party he was formerly registered with, karate expert McMillan was quoted as saying "the rent is too damn high." The flamboyant Vietnam veteran also gave some words of advice to President Obama, “If you don’t do your job right, I am coming at you!"
    McMillan's profile, official website and positions on the issues

Career Flight Attendant

Tom Miller

Tom Miller feels that the country is being destroyed from within chiefly through a series of failed fiscal and immigration policies; a state of affair brought forth by an entrenched political elite. Miller sees himself as a representative of the people, as envisioned by the Founding Fathers themselves, and offers a solution-based approach to tackle the multitude of issues facing the nation. Ultimately, he hopes to re-empower the American people around the concept of small government.
    Miller's profile, official website and positions on the issues

U.S. Representative from the State of Texas

Ron Paul

The former medical doctor officially announced his candidacy for the 2012 Republican Presidential nomination on May 13, 2011. The 75-year old Texas Congressman will once again center his campaign on the theme of liberty, human rights and financial market reforms. With his small but vocal pockets of supporters spread all over the country, the Libertarian leaning Republican is set to be one of the most controversial characters on the campaign trail.
    Paul's profile, official website and positions on the issues

Current Governor of Texas

Rick Perry

After almost two years of uncertainty, Texas Governor Rick Perry’s wall of resistance has crumbled. Perry took advantage of the publicity generated by the Ames Straw Poll and announced his entry into the Republican nomination race in Charleston, South Carolina, with a confident declaration, "I full well believe I'm going to win". His candidacy is expected to reinvigorate the hitherto subdued Republican evangelical grassroots, and inject some excitement into the contest.
    Perry's profile, official website and positions on the issues

Former Governor of Louisiana

Buddy Roemer

After being away from politics for the last two decades, former Louisiana Governor Buddy Roemer
    announced on March this year the launch of his presidential exploratory committee. The 67-year old
    former Democrat has cited campaign finance reforms as one of the bulwarks of his platform and has
    imposed a $100 limit on disclosed contributions per individual for his potential run. At a Tea Party rally in May, he claims that the current system is “disastrous, it’s dysfunctional."
    Roemer's profile, official website and positions on the issues

Former Governor of Massachusetts

Mitt Romney

John McCain's defeat to Barack Obama in the 2008 presidential election signaled the reemergence of the former Massachusetts Governor as a serious contender, and clear favorite, for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination.

The Harvard man has been comfortably leading almost every poll since then. He was knocked off his perch for about two months by Texas Governor, Rick Perry, during the summer of 2011. However, he has since recovered and has once again returned to his seat at the top of the leader board. And unless Perry, Cain, Huntsman, Bachmann and company can pull something out of their collective hats, the liberal turned conservative turned moderate former venture capitalist may just walk through the primaries. While his ideology and personal beliefs may be subject to debate, his knack for business is beyond question – and his across the board appeal makes him a dangerous opponent for President Obama.
    Romney's profile, official website and positions on the issues

Former US Senator from Pennsylvania

Rick Santorum

The former two-term senator from Pennsylvania officially announced his entry into the GOP Presidential nomination race on June 6, 2011, symbolically launching his campaign at the Somerset County Courthouse, located not far from the coal mine where his grandfather first worked after arriving from Italy. Despite his dismal poll numbers, Santorum is confident of gaining grounds on early favorite Mitt Romney and warns, "We are going to be in this race, and we're in it to win."
    Santorum's profile, official website and positions on the issues

Matt Snyder

Matthew Bradley Snyder is a supporter of people, not parties. He believes in the passion that stirs the heart of the common man. It is not political ambition, but personal experience, that enflames that passion. A president should exude it, not emulate it. Snyder is a true representative of the people.
    Snyder's profile, official website and positions on the issues

Businessman

Vern Wuensche

Wuensche ran for President in 2008, garnering a tenth place finish in both the Iowa and New Hampshire primaries, despite spending only $36,000. In 100 days, the owner of Houston’s third oldest construction company, visited over 6,000 local businesses and churches in 242 towns in both states.

He believes that businesses survive and thrive chiefly through the caliber of those who runs them and thus, these executives are perfectly qualified for a public office shorn of proven management experience
    Wuensche's profile, official website and positions on the issues
    Mitt Romney
    15.63%
    Newt Gingrich
    12.50%
    Herman Cain
    6.25%
    Ron Paul
    21.88%
    Rick Perry
    0.00%
    Michelle Bachmann
    0.00%
    Rick Santorum
    3.13%
    Jon Huntsman
    9.38%
    Gary Johnson
    6.25%
    Fred Karger
    0.00%
    Barack Banana Obama
    25.00%
    What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
    What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Romney.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

I'm not a Republican, but Huntsman. Romney wouldn't be catastrophic.
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I'm a republican and I'm not thrilled. I don't think Romney can win.

The biggest problem is that I've been actually listening to some of the debates and almost all of them sound like raving lunatics.
        AND the scariest thing is that Newt has sounded the most sane (with, of course, Ron Paul but we know how that's going to go)
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Gingrich is my choice, even though I don't like the guy or his morals (as a Catholic, I don't want to be associated with him). But he's a substantial thinker.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

In the other news: According to Bachmann you guys still have an embassy in Teheran.
            "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by DanS View Post
              Gingrich is my choice, even though I don't like the guy or his morals (as a Catholic, I don't want to be associated with him). But he's a substantial thinker.
              Sadly I have to agree 100%
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Define "substantial thinker"
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

He knows where he wants the US to be in 10, 20, 30 years and seems to have strategies to get us there. I don't think that any of the other contenders for president -- especially Obama -- have that kind of heft. Don't think Obama has a clue on those kind of things, which is keeping us on an unsustainable path in the medium and long-term.
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Especially Obama?

Just because Obama wants to go a different direction than you doesn't mean that he doesn't have a plan.

If you had just said 'compared to the other Republican frontrunners' I might have agreed...

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

No, we are on an unsustainable path and nothing that Obama has said even hints to his understanding this fact.

It's a big difference between Bill Clinton and Obama, by the way.

Comment

I added a poll.
                        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                          I added a poll.
                          Thank u.
                          So no Perry or Cain supporters over here.
                          What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
                          What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

Originally posted by DanS View Post
                            No, we are on an unsustainable path and nothing that Obama has said even hints to his understanding this fact.

It's a big difference between Bill Clinton and Obama, by the way.
                            Back to the Republicans. What makes Newt better than Romney. Romney seems to be the smartest one in the bunch to me.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                              I added a poll.
                              I appreciate the poll but only Republicans should be in it because the question is who do you support to oppose the Democrat Candidate(President Obama)?

Comment

Working...
                              X