why don't we wear hats anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why don't we wear hats anymore?

Seriously. People were classy as **** in the 50s and early 60s. I suspect the hippies ruined it. Why can't we go back to dressing like that?

I agree
    "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Become filthy stinking rich and you get to wear whatever you want. Yes, sir, that mumu looks great on you, sir.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I had a hat when I got here, but then I left it on the bus one day.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Because hats are annoying.

And it isn't hippies that were responsible... well, unless you consider President Kennedy a hippie (no seriously, because Kennedy didn't wear a hat to his inaugeral in 1960, people decided that looked pretty good and stopped wearing them).
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Well **** him

Comment

what's stopping you from wearing a hat if you want to?
              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Hatz r 4 jooz.

No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Kennedy had it coming for not wearing hats anymore.
                  Blah

Comment

In grade school they told my twin brother that hats indoors were disrespectful. They were unreceptive to his claim that this was merely a Christian tradition (which it is) and their religious tyranny shouldn't be applied to him. Then he got sent to the principal. This was middle school.
                    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

It's a Christian tradition to wear hats indoors? What, Amish?
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                        In grade school they told my twin brother that hats indoors were disrespectful. They were unreceptive to his claim that this was merely a Christian tradition (which it is) and their religious tyranny shouldn't be applied to him. Then he got sent to the principal. This was middle school.
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Grade school = kindergarten through 12th

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                            It's a Christian tradition to wear hats indoors? What, Amish?
                            No, that you shouldn't wear hats, dufus. That was the obvious implication.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                              No.

Ancient Christian tradition is for men to go bareheaded indoors, and women to keep their heads covered whenever in public.

Orthodox Jews must have their heads covered at all times except bathing or sleeping, hence the yamaka.
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                              X