Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How famous are Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi in the USA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No. I'm saying that no one who believes in god would do such things. It's not difficult. Wow, you all must be missing something somehow.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Exactly. Scotsmen don't commit genocide.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Maybe they believe they were doing God's will.

EDIT: Nevermind, I forgot that addressing Kid is a waste of time.
        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Let's try this one. If Hitler believed in Karma he would't have done evil. Therefore he didn't believe in Karma. If he said he believed in Karma he was lying. Did I say he was a Scotsman?

Comment

• Maybe Hitler didn't think killing millions of Jews or invading Russia was evil.

Comment

• Gribbler, if you want Kid to understand, you're going to need to somehow rephrase that into smaller and easier to understand words. Somehow.
              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                Maybe Hitler didn't think killing millions of Jews or invading Russia was evil.
                The point is, did he believe in morality at all. If not (and that's my claim), then he didn't believe in evil. Which doesn't leave you with anything when trying to show that he wasn't an atheist. The only evidence you have is that he claimed to believe in god. Do you believe Hitler despite the fact that he was perhaps the biggest liar in history? That's not evidence that would hold up in court. It's worthless. You have no evidence.

Comment

• Do you have any historical sources supporting your claim that he didn't believe in morality or are you just assuming that someone who does something reprehensible doesn't believe in morality? Is there any way you your claim could hold up in court?

Comment

• Oh and how do I know you're really a Christian and not actually an atheist who's parodying a religious person on the internet? All I know is you claim to be a Christian.

Comment

• That takes a psychologist. Yes, most of them say he was a psychopath (didn't believe in morality). Therefore he was an atheist (my conclussion).

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                        That takes a psychologist. Yes, most of them say he was a psychopath (didn't believe in morality). Therefore he was an atheist (my conclussion).
                        That's not what 'psychopath' means.

Comment

Oh and how do I know you're really a Christian and not actually an atheist who's parodying a religious person on the internet? All I know is you claim to be a Christian.
                          You don't. Only god knows. Judging Hitler is another matter.

Comment

That's not what 'psychopath' means.
                            Um yes. Psychopaths do not believe in the difference between good and evil.

Comment

• Why don't you look up a definition instead of coming up with your own?
                              Psychopathy (/sˈkɒpəθi/[1][2]) is a mental disorder characterized primarily by a lack of empathy and remorse, shallow emotions, egocentricity, and deceptiveness. Psychopaths are highly prone to antisocial behavior and abusive treatment of others, and are very disproportionately responsible for violent crime. Though lacking empathy and emotional depth, they often manage to pass themselves off as average individuals by feigning emotions and lying about their past.
                              Until the 1980s, the term formally referred to a personality disorder characterized by the inability to form human attachment[3] and an abnormal lack of empathy, masked by an ability to appear outwardly normal. The publication of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders third edition (DSM-III) changed the name of this mental disorder to antisocial personality disorder, and also broadened the diagnostic criteria considerably by shifting from clinical inferences to behavioral diagnostic criteria.[4] However, the DSM-V working party is recommending a revision of antisocial personality disorder to include "Antisocial/Psychopathic Type", with the diagnostic criteria having a greater emphasis on character than on behavior.[5] The ICD-10 diagnostic criteria of the World Health Organization also lacks psychopathy as a personality disorder. The 1992 manual included dissocial (antisocial) personality disorder, which encompasses amoral, antisocial, asocial, psychopathic, and sociopathic personalities.[6]
                              Despite being currently unused in diagnostic manuals, psychopathy and related terms such as psychopath are still widely used by mental health professionals and laymen alike. In particular, NATO has funded a series of Advanced Study Institutes on psychopathy, both before and after the publication of DSM-III. Researcher Robert Hare has been a particular champion of the term; his Hare Psychopathy Checklist is the standard tool for differentiating between those with antisocial personality disorder and the subset who are psychopaths. According to this scale the prevalence of antisocial personality disorder is two to three times that of psychopathy.[7]
                              According to a chapter about treatment in Christopher J. Patrick's Handbook of Psychopathy, there is little evidence of a cure or any effective treatment for psychopathy; no medications can instill empathy, and psychopaths who undergo traditional talk therapy might become more adept at manipulating others and more likely to commit crime.[8] Others suggest that psychopaths may benefit as much as others from therapy, at least in terms of effect on behavior even if not on the central personality traits.[9] According to Hare, the consensus among researchers in this area is that psychopathy stems from a specific neurological disorder which is present from birth,[10] although a 2008 review indicated multiple causes and variation between individuals.[11] Hare estimates that about one percent of the US population are psychopaths.[12]
                              Despite the similarity of the names, psychopaths are rarely psychotic.[9]

Seriously, why couldn't a psychopath believe that if they murder people, the creator of the universe might torture them for eternity?

Comment

• You didn't bold ANYTHING.

Comment

Working...
                                X