Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How famous are Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi in the USA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barnabas View Post
    It has nothing to do with "natural" racial athletic abilities and everything to do with the fact that white kids grow up playing XBox and dreaming about becoming MBAs while Black kids still see sports as one of the few areas they can become rich and famous doing so they play sports more.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
      It has nothing to do with "natural" racial athletic abilities and everything to do with the fact that white kids grow up playing XBox and dreaming about becoming MBAs while Black kids still see sports as one of the few areas they can become rich and famous doing so they play sports more.
      Jesus Christ, this is so ****ing racist.

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
      Why can't white people be good at any other sport?
      Because they have to compete with blacks who are much, much better than they are.

Comment

Yeah, I don't think that many white kids dream of being an MBA degree when they grow up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
          QFT

Ronaldo and other Brazilian soccer players of his era are better known than most in the US because of their victory in the 1994 World Cup.

Ronaldo didn't play in the 1994 World Cup.
          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
            Yeah, I don't think that many white kids dream of being an MBA degree when they grow up.
            My pint being white kids don't typically see professional sports as their ticket out of poverty so they gravitate towards other venues.

Drake is just being a stupid drake as he always does. Troll is as troll does and all that.

Comment

Whites on the other hand, tend to have more endurance than West Africans. The American urge to fix soccer’s rules to make it more exciting is a compulsion, in effect, to make soccer a better game for blacks.

What a load of bollocks.

Endurance, eh? Long-distance running has been dominated for years by Kenyans, Ethiopians and Moroccans, but those nations aren't noted for producing much in the way of great footballers.
              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by DanS View Post
                Courtney Love is more famous in the US, although I know who Messi and Ronaldo are.
                This. Though depends on which circles you travel among.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                  Ronaldo didn't play in the 1994 World Cup.
                  Didn't matter; I remember both Ronaldo and Romario being referred to ad nauseum during the World Cup. American announcers like one-named Brazilian players, even if they're on the bench.

Comment

My pint being white kids don't typically see professional sports as their ticket out of poverty so they gravitate towards other venues.
                    The majority of black people aren't poverty-stricken, you racist piece of ****.

Comment

You've been the most racist poster in this thread claiming one race is superior to others so stop trolling you racist piece of garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                        What a load of bollocks.

Endurance, eh? Long-distance running has been dominated for years by Kenyans, Ethiopians and Moroccans, but those nations aren't noted for producing much in the way of great footballers.
                        Kenya and Ethiopia aren't in West Africa, and Moroccans aren't ethnically African at all.

Comment

You've been the most racist poster in this thread claiming one race is superior to others so stop trolling you racist piece of garbage.

Only an idiot would deny that black folk kick the **** out of everyone else at sports.

Comment

That's funny.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                              I've heard of both. They're high-profile soccer players.
                              Yeah. I don't follow the sport at all and I've heard of them.
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

you could ask them if they know who Lebron James is
                                who?
                                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Working...
                                X