Are you part of the 1%?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    Wow. I'm just surprised you didn't say "I'll bee hear when your lawn gone" the way you're rocking the typos.
    Isle bea hear hwen your lawn gnome. fixed

I've been asleep for about 2 hours now. Just part of KH very wet dream.
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
      I have a highly leveraged position on the US economy. Recovery -> more money for me
      Revolution --> off with your head

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
        That line was stolen from AAHZ.
        that actually happens far moar than you realize. Other forums too. IRL too.
        Order of the Fly
        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barnabas View Post
          how many times do you (plural) make the equivalent of minimum wage in your country?
          ~2.6x
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• UK minimum wage is about $10.50 an hour, once you count holiday pay.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• depends on the month, but usually between 3-5x. this is mostly because the minimum wage here is extremely low.

i work a maximum of 25 hours a week, usually much less.
              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                Correct Asher.

KH, you care, at least enough to dig a bit for clues.

I'm a Canadian stage actor. A company I used to own (small dinner theatre chain), and often still work for used to have several apartments in the same building NYE has his condo. I would stay there when performing in Edmonton. Like most actors of my age - you can look that up, I also write, direct, produce, and even stagemanage.

Last year I had a very good year which included a small reccuring part in a TV show and worked on 3 movies. I'm also a political hack, and was in paid positions in 2 election. So last year, I raked in money.

Some years I make a lot, others not so much.
                Good job Krazy, you've been insulting Red Green.
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• 11x, but that's not saying much in Mexico.
                  In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

• I am not yet in the 1% but I have aspirations of feeling off the misery and hard work of the downtrodden unwashed masses.
                    I have more issues than Marvel Comics and more problems than a math text book.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                      Obviously. But remember, these are college kids who got communications degrees at third-tier universities and don't understand why they aren't CEOs yet.
                      Yeah, that's it.
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• From what I can tell, the top 1% in 2011 make a household AGI of a bit over $500,000. Therefore, I am in the 1%. Strangely, enough, I don't really feel rich. I live in a modest house and drive an 11 year old VW.
                        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
                          From what I can tell, the top 1% in 2011 make a household AGI of a bit over $500,000. Therefore, I am in the 1%. Strangely, enough, I don't really feel rich. I live in a modest house and drive an 11 year old VW.

I just realized! You are P.F. Chang!

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• If I were, the food would be better.
                            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• that is also how i have always read your name.

you should just throw the "f" in there anyways.
                              Order of the Fly
                              Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• I think KH should do a thread were he ranks people based on his estimate of their salaries.
                                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X