No announcement yet.

Are you part of the 1%?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm actually getting a bunch of dollar coins to give to the beggars. I want to see how they manage to spend them. Campus police told us not to give them money, since none of them are actually homeless and most of them apparently share a house not far from campus, but this seems like an interesting social experiment.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabas View Post
      how many times do you (plural) make the equivalent of minimum wage in your country?
      I think about seven or eight, I'd have to check my pay stub to be sure (I've also got an LLC for un****ing computers, but it doesn't bring in much)
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
        What point would that be, you twit?

I was actually surprised by how much their numbers have shrunk.
        My real point, BTW, is that "the rich" are quite small in number, and have "suffered" more than the average. People who frame any debate about government as being a matter of "the rich" versus everybody else are ****ing idiots. There aren't enough rich people to pay for what leftists want.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

We just need to bring back the 99% tax
          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

My real point, BTW, is that "the rich" are quite small in number, and have "suffered" more than the average. People who frame any debate about government as being a matter of "the rich" versus everybody else are ****ing idiots. There aren't enough rich people to pay for what leftists want.
            Obviously. But remember, these are college kids who got communications degrees at third-tier universities and don't understand why they aren't CEOs yet.

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
              We just need to bring back the 99% tax
              Couldn't possibly have any impact on labor supply.
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

There was an article just recently stating that income inequality over the course of the recession has shrunk substatially over the last three years. Misery loves company.
                "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

I figured you were *****ing about using adjusted gross income as a measure but if that's not the case, my bad.

Comment

Part of this i the ridiculous definition of "income" which includes unearned income (dividends, interest and capital gains)....
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Reddit told me to vote Elizabeth Warren for president and that Republicans are evil masterminds who "just want to watch the world burn". (Upvoted for batman!!!)

But she wasn't on the ballot so I voted for Ron Paul. Reddit thinks that's a pretty good second option. Hail hypnoreddit. Occupy Wall Street. Upvote anything with bacon in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                        Obviously. But remember, these are college kids who got communications degrees at third-tier universities and don't understand why they aren't CEOs yet.
                        This is hyperbole, right? Normally I'd think so but in that other thread you thought supporters of government funded healthcare believed the government could just wave a magic wand and make health care magically pop into existence.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                          I figured you were *****ing about using adjusted gross income as a measure but if that's not the case, my bad.
                          Wasn't really thinking about this until Ogie's most recent post....
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                            This is hyperbole, right? Normally I'd think so but in that other thread you thought supporters of government funded healthcare believed the government could just wave a magic wand and make health care magically pop into existence.
                            No, I think they are literally all communications majors. ALL of them. No exceptions.

Comment

The Atlantic covers news, politics, culture, technology, health, and more, through its articles, podcasts, videos, and flagship magazine.
                              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Are you part of the 1%?

Obviously. I'm rich, *****.

Comment

Working...
                                X