Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lard ass sues White Castle, says booths are to small for fat people.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lard ass sues White Castle, says booths are to small for fat people.

I don't see him winning and I guess anyone can file a law suit though I do wish we'd institute a loser pays law so that most of these junk law suits end up not being filed.

A bigger seat — it’s what he craves. A devoted, 290-pound White Castle fan is steaming mad at the fast-food chain, which he says repeatedly broke promises to make the booths in his local eate…
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

It would make a decent Onion article.

Comment

I've always said reality follows the Onion.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Is that real?

Think about it. "Mortified and in pain from smacking his knee into one of the table’s metal supports, Kessman limped out of the restaurant, and later penned a complaint to corporate headquarters." Mortified? Limped out?

Look at the picture as well, that's comedy, not real.

“I just want to sit down like a normal person,” said Kessman, who is suing for bigger chairs and unspecified damages."

WHAT DAMAGES???!!

It's a joke. It's a really well crafted joke. Because you can't read it without a great laugh, it's not even those "wow, that's so stupid it's funny". It's just funny. Every sentence in that story is funny. Someone wrote it and published it and it's just a joke.

Right?
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

The NYPost is known as a tabloid, though.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
            I don't see him winning and I guess anyone can file a law suit though I do wish we'd institute a loser pays law so that most of these junk law suits end up not being filed.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/w...8Mbud5aMhaxD3J
            You can still get junk lawsuits but "loser pays" does seem to reduce them markedly. Over the last 10 years I believe Canadian provinces have moved further and further to having a losing litigant pay ( with civil procedure rules that can have them pay actual legal costs instead of "costs" from a schedule which were always far less than actuals)
            Last edited by Flubber; September 12, 2011, 15:35.
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Typical baby boomer behavior. Thinking the whole world has to accommodate him and his excess.

Comment

If the allegations are true, the action should fit well in the ADA act.
                Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                  The NYPost is known as a tabloid, though.
                  The Post is New York's best paper.

Comment

The New York Post has the best headlines I've ever seen in my life.
                    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                      The New York Post has the best headlines I've ever seen in my life.
                      QFT

Comment

In all seriousness, what's with the seats on most public buses? Here in Philly, most SEPTA buses have seats that I can not sit in without hunching my back and having my knees jamming into the back of the seat in front of me. I can only sit on the open-face seats or turn my legs out into the aisle on the standard seats on those buses. Oddly, some buses have adequate seating clearance but others seem to be designed for people who are 5'5" or something.

What is with that?
                        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Personally I am considering suing all fat people. Because when they fly and you are set next to them they spill over and under the arms of the seat and squash me against the other side of the seat. There was one bloke last year...huge. Had him next to me. American, surprisingly
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka View Post
                            “I just want to sit down like a normal person,”
                            Then thin down to a normal size
                            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Oddly, some buses have adequate seating clearance but others seem to be designed for people who are 5'5" or something.
                              And your problem is?
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                              X