Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
    2. I've been semi-retired since 1996.
    This explains the amount of time you have on your hands.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• posting from beyond the grave sure makes you angry with baby boomers... are they dying en masse now so on top of regular torture in hell you have to deal with overcrowding too?
      Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
        The life of the average baby boomer: Despite being pampered by their parents and given every advantage in the world by their hard working parents who worked to break the depression and defeat the Axis in WW2 they were arrogant rotten little ****** as kids. Their moms stayed home to watch them and make sure they always had healthy meals to eat while their dads worked hard to support the whole family and even worked over time so their ungrateful little spawn could go to summer camps & be taken on great family vacations. The government wisely taxed the wealthy to insure they baby boomers received the best educations money could buy but what did these little bastards do in return?

They sat around smoking pot and protesting when the government actually asked them to do anything in return, they had kids out of wed lock and even when they did get married they usually got divorced in short order because these arrogant self centered ****** believed EVERYTHING was about themselves. When their parents got old rather then looking after them they promptly tossed them into old folks homes to be forgotten, they demanded ever more tax cuts for themselves thus ****ing their kids over with rotten under funded schools because, once again, they never cared about anyone but themselves.

You boomers ****ed around with every narcotic on the planet and now champion the crackdown on pot.
        excellent point

Or how about the way how baby boomers reacted to the Vietnam War. What other generation would have the arrogance of making a virtue out of weaseling your way out of army service in a time of war? Opposition to the war is one thing, but slacking off from national duty and somehow making excuses in the form of creating some kind of enlightened martyrs from all of your fellow slackers afterwards...

I believe the amount of attention given to the kids born immediately after WW2 in both Western Europe and US (their parents wanted them to have a good life after all the horrors of past 30 years or so) got to the point of pampering which collectively (we're speaking about averages here) led to the sense of the whole society revolving around their age group, which led to their narcissism all through their adult life... the moral of the story is, don't pamper your kids.

Comment

• If only the rest of the country would have slacked off during the Vietnam War, there wouldn't have been one

Comment

• Let's face reality here. The policy of Obama which tea bagging baby boomers hate the most is his "policy" of being black. If only he lightened the melanin in his skin then they would find him less objectionable. Obama has been more conservative, disgustingly conservative even when he should have stuck to his guns and could have won because the American people were behind him, then any president since Herbert Hoover, including being more conservative than the right wing man-god Reagan, yet they still hate him. There is certainly something they hate about him even though he gives them everything they want. He's spent less and had smaller deficits then Bush but Bush was white so the bigots gave him a pass yet before the negro even took office they were militantly up in arms in their hatred of him. It's hard to objectively say that is nothing but the most rank racism of the worst right wing conservative kind.
            Last edited by Dinner; September 8, 2011, 07:47.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
              Darius, think about this for a bit. Without inherited wealth it is a lot harder for society to accumulate capital.
              Where does "captial" go if it is not inherited ?
              "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Let's face reality here. The policy of Obama which tea bagging baby boomers hate the most is his "policy" of being black. If only he lightened the melanin in his skin then they would find him less objectionable. Obama has been more conservative, disgustingly conservative even when he should have stuck to his guns and could have won because the American people were behind him, then any president since Herbert Hoover, including being more conservative than the right wing man-god Reagan, yet they still hate him. There is certainly something they hate about him even though he gives them everything they want. He's spent less and had smaller deficits then Bush but Bush was white so the bigots gave him a pass yet before the negro even took office they were militantly up in arms in their hatred of him. It's hard to objectively say that is nothing but the most rank racism of the worst right wing conservative kind.
                The problem might have been that he wanted healthcare for everyone and not just aging baby boomers.

Comment

• Originally posted by dannubis View Post
                  Where does "captial" go if it is not inherited ?
                  I think he's claiming that if it's not inherited, people will be less willing to invest and they'll just have less capital to pass on when they die.

Comment

• No, I'm saying that when a boomer sells off all his savings in return for goods and services, that represents a significant loss of capital vs. the scenario in which the boomer does not (to first approximation).

Comment

• You're just desperate to get your hands on all your parents' en suite toilets and generally continue in your silver spooned existence...
                      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Oh, I'm not remotely worried about my parents spending down their savings. I just feel for all the other members of my generation who won't be able to afford enough bathrooms

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                          If only the rest of the country would have slacked off during the Vietnam War, there wouldn't have been one
                          You do realize that if there hadn't been a rabidly anti-American, drug-using and communist-symphatizing (and very media-sensationalized) anti-war movement in the US college system, opposition to the war in Vietnam would've turned into a non-partisan issue after the 1968 elections and US support for the South Vietnamese government would've slowly & silently died by 1970, right? Pre-Gulf of Tonkin resolution, Republicans were for a quick military intervention which would either work quickly or get axed and Democrats were for a more long-term "nation building" effort with lots of boots on the ground, and both sides had their sceptics. Since the Republicans wanted to be the "hurr America STRONG"-party, no politician of theirs could have sided with the "dirty hippies" and "coward pinkos" after the Summer of Love without losing their own primary elections.

Of course, the baby boomers have spun this into a story of eeeevil politicians wanting to destroy an innocent little country because they were evil and the good peace-love-activists stopping the war through their selfless efforts.

tea bagging baby boomers
                          There was a study about an "average tea party member" floating around somewhere in da internets, so why won't you find it and show us all how it's an exclusively baby boomer movement, Oerdin?

Comment

The life of the average baby boomer: Despite being pampered by their parents and given every advantage in the world by their hard working parents who worked to break the depression and defeat the Axis in WW2 they were arrogant rotten little ****** as kids. Their moms stayed home to watch them and make sure they always had healthy meals to eat while their dads worked hard to support the whole family and even worked over time so their ungrateful little spawn could go to summer camps & be taken on great family vacations. The government wisely taxed the wealthy to insure they baby boomers received the best educations money could buy but what did these little bastards do in return?

They sat around smoking pot and protesting when the government actually asked them to do anything in return, they had kids out of wed lock and even when they did get married they usually got divorced in short order because these arrogant self centered ****** believed EVERYTHING was about themselves. When their parents got old rather then looking after them they promptly tossed them into old folks homes to be forgotten, they demanded ever more tax cuts for themselves thus ****ing their kids over with rotten under funded schools because, once again, they never cared about anyone but themselves. They declared bankruptcy in record numbers and never saved much of anything (while their parents dutiful saved and sacrificed for the common good) yet the endlessly demand ever more handouts from the government for themselves while SCREAMING at the top of their lungs that black people, brown people, or worst of all poor people should get any type of hand up as well. Now, after loading the country up with massive debt these douche bags won't even help their children out by leaving them a tiny inheritence because they want to die as they lived; selfish & not caring about anyone else.

The most vile, self centered, egotistical pieces of **** ever. That's the baby boomers. BTW these dumb asses make up virtually the entire Tea Party movement (The one's holding the "keep government out of my medicare"[medicare is a government program] and spreading the conspiracy theory that Obama is a secret muslim illegal alien terrorist sleeper agent [no really Fox was spreading that crap] because they can no longer publicly say they just hate black people).
                            Clearly, the answer is to cut back on gvernment services so no future generation is ruined by coddling.
                            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Let's face reality here. The policy of Obama which tea bagging baby boomers hate the most is his "policy" of being black. If only he lightened the melanin in his skin then they would find him less objectionable. Obama has been more conservative, disgustingly conservative even when he should have stuck to his guns and could have won because the American people were behind him, then any president since Herbert Hoover, including being more conservative than the right wing man-god Reagan, yet they still hate him. There is certainly something they hate about him even though he gives them everything they want. He's spent less and had smaller deficits then Bush but Bush was white so the bigots gave him a pass yet before the negro even took office they were militantly up in arms in their hatred of him. It's hard to objectively say that is nothing but the most rank racism of the worst right wing conservative kind.
                              Pretty much nothing about this narrative is actually true.

Pushing to expand the EPA and create a public option in health insurance were not conservative at all (ask a conservative friend - if you have one), and they weren't popular either. The unprecedented fall in Obama's approval rating, and his monstrous midterm losses came precisely because of his policies.

Obama was very popular when elected, and he has consistently polled higher than his own policies, suggesting that people want to like him, but aren't pleased with what he has been doing. Let me show you this annotated graph to see if it makes it easier for you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DJcxz.png
Views:	1
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	9090849
                              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by a.kitman View Post
                                uhmm i dont know i kinda want my parents to spend there money on themselfs.
                                Damn straight.
                                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                                X