The Most Selfish Generation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaguar View Post
    Wait, are they the "anti-war" hippie left or the Reagan/Tea Party right? Now I'm just confused.
    Both. Most generations start on the left and end up on the right as they get older.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
      I find it selfish, but it's not a surprise, the baby boomers have had it all and got spoiled. I still haven't met many of them that feel much responsibility for the next generation. In the old days, the previous generation did all they could to make life easier for the next, that seemingly died with the baby boomers. I know of disturbingly many who take out loans and live off them as there were no tomorrow, which means their heir either will have to renounce all their parents owned, or get into huge financial trouble by taking the loan with the rest.

Of course, not all of them is like that, but I'm glad my parents is not of that generation...
      Actually, you come from one of the few countries in the world whose politicians haven't hollowed out with catastrophic debt - you should consider yourself lucky!
      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

The debt is mostly to baby boomers, we should just refuse to pay it.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

We might not have a choice, we might have to default in many cases.
          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

It wouldn't need to be if the older, wealthier generation would just agree to pay more.

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
              Actually, you come from one of the few countries in the world whose politicians haven't hollowed out with catastrophic debt - you should consider yourself lucky!
              Oh, I'm lucky, but when I hear about people who have to refuse to inherit anything from their parents because the parents have taken out loans on their villa twice the value and used it on themselves, so that the kids get a debt infested inheritance, I find that annoyingly selfish of them. The politicians have done fairly well in the loan department, that's true, but that has more to do with all the oil than anything else. We didn' get rid of the huge public debt before in the 90s, when the oil money really began to flow in.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Or just do a mass default now and start from scratch - it would balance the books as it would be the older wealthier generation that would suffer losing all that money...

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                  Oh, I'm lucky, but when I hear about people who have to refuse to inherit anything from their parents because the parents have taken out loans on their villa twice the value and used it on themselves, so that the kids get a debt infested inheritance, I find that annoyingly selfish of them. The politicians have done fairly well in the loan department, that's true, but that has more to do with all the oil than anything else. We didn' get rid of the huge public debt before in the 90s, when the oil money really began to flow in.
                  It's not just the oil though, but basic fiscal responsibility. My country also benefitted from the oil money, but whereas you squared away your debts, we wanked our money away and are in a worse state than before the oil was discovered - especially seeing as we've already hit our 'peak' and now have to import again...

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                    Any talk about baby boomers would be incomplete without mentioning they almost exclusively make up all the members of one of the most retarded fake "movements" in history.
                    1.) No they don't, since a significant amount of the Tea Party is actually the "greatest generation" or youth.

2.) Baby Boomers are the dominate generation right now, they make up the significant portion of every significant movement right now.

3.) The above was obvious, you are retarded.
                    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Thank God, I'm not a baby boomer and neither are my parents.

ACK!
                      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                        Yes, this is typical of the younger generation. Place blame on others and don't take responsibility for anything. And now are concerned that their parents won't be leaving them as much money when they die. Boo Hoo. Please go ahead and complain and be prepared for your children to hold you in worse contempt. It will be fitting justice.
                        You are projecting. This is actually what Baby Boomers do.

You boomers ****ed around with every narcotic on the planet and now champion the crackdown on pot. Boomers lost Vietnam because they were spoiled little ****s who couldn't fight gooks wearing flip flops despite having helicopters and napalm. You ran up debts on massive social programs that no one in their right mind could possibly believe were sustainable. Need I say more?
                        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

I've worked almost every day since I was 13. I've taken responsibility for myself, my family and everything I do. I've also contributed time and effort supporting the community through mentoring and tutoring programs. So you can kiss my ASS
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well, I didn't mean you personally...these sorts of things require teamwork
                            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

But that's the problem with any generalization. There are good and bad in each generation. I know every younger person isn't a whiney useless POS, and I shouldn't think that, but I know I am easily trolled on this topic.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                                http://www.latimes.com/news/fi-la-bo...247,full.story

Looks like the only thing the Baby Boomers will be leaving to future generations is the massive national debt they ran up. What a truly vile generation...
                                Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                                I have Drake on ignore but I'm guessing he made another post about baby boomers because that never gets old.
                                FYI
                                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Killing it is the new killing it
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X