The Most Selfish Generation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
    We're little better. And in the same context we'd have been just as bad.

You can't jointly blame them for environment, and for not reproducing enough. Having more kids would have been even more devastating to the environment. And overpopulation is a massive issue.
    Yes we can. The bad state of the economy is the main cause of the lack of economic resources to deal with sustainability issues - With the biggest true problems in environment being recycling of materials, preservation of open space, and energy consumption.

All of those could have been targeted with systemic+technological solutions with healthier budget structures - Which people in the west cannot have because they have to support a generation of elderly ****s that ****ed around like there is no tomorrow, but did not bother with raising the kids that comes with it, to support them in the future, when they are elderly - a clear structure for societies since the dawn of time. Now some hope for immigrants completely alien to their own countries to support them in old age, creating EVEN MORE social problems for their children, like elderly liberals, or just hope that "money" springing from thin air, without the real economy to show for it, will cover these costs.

What was happening in reality, though is that the west, lead by these people in positions of power, has been living basically depending on free labor from 3rd worlders, only having government bonds nominated in their own currency to show for it.

So, let us summarize the last 60 years: From leading the world and ruling it politically, having all of its industry, science and capital, the west has lost prominence in many issues as well as squandered all of their savings, become a net debtor to the rest of the planet, with its military prominence also being under threat, and all of its territories lost.

In the same time, these 60 years have been a period of the greatest material luxury and comfort humanity has EVER experienced.
    Do you believe that these two are not connected in any way?

Present-Oriented Hedonism is what this behavior is called, and it is the distinguishing mark for the behavior of children.
    The baby-boomers in the west were a generation of overgrown babies. That's all there is to it.
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

As

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Yes, this is typical of the younger generation. Place blame on others and don't take responsibility for anything. And now are concerned that their parents won't be leaving them as much money when they die. Boo Hoo. Please go ahead and complain and be prepared for your children to hold you in worse contempt. It will be fitting justice.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

We will have to work hard and be heroic to thrive, just like your parents generation. Unlike your parents generation, we have terrible parents .

If we thrive, I expect our children to look up to us.

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

the next generation will have even more terrible parents where is this world going mg:
            Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

I don't know about that, but I know my daughter looks up to us for all the sacrifices that we had to make to supply her with all the tools that we hope she will use to have a happy life.
              I'm glad my daughter isn't like the ungrateful little whiners that represent the younger generation here.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

well this is a civ site after all... we are all used to excessive whining... that makes this community tick
                Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Touche.
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I find it selfish, but it's not a surprise, the baby boomers have had it all and got spoiled. I still haven't met many of them that feel much responsibility for the next generation. In the old days, the previous generation did all they could to make life easier for the next, that seemingly died with the baby boomers. I know of disturbingly many who take out loans and live off them as there were no tomorrow, which means their heir either will have to renounce all their parents owned, or get into huge financial trouble by taking the loan with the rest.

Of course, not all of them is like that, but I'm glad my parents is not of that generation...
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

How do you know that the previous generation did all they could? How do you know it seemingly died with the baby boomers? And of course not all of them fit in to the same box. Everyone is different.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The *****y sense of entitlement in this thread is staggering! What a bunch of whining losers...

Stop blaming other people for your own failures and get out there and do something about it if you feel so bad about it - starting with actually bothering to vote and banishing all those people that have created these policies from government! In this country your average baby boomer is worth 4x your average whiny young adult - no wonder the politicians pander to the older generations if the younger generations insist on voluntarily disenfranchising themselves from the whole political process...
                        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

humans are selfish, there's no way we'd have behaved differently in their shoes with the same knowledge they had.
                          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

And I disagree with Rah, we're all basically the same. Slightly different experiences but we're vastly more similar than we are different.
                            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                              The life of the average baby boomer: Despite being pampered by their parents and given every advantage in the world by their hard working parents who worked to break the depression and defeat the Axis in WW2 they were arrogant rotten little ****** as kids. Their moms stayed home to watch them and make sure they always had healthy meals to eat while their dads worked hard to support the whole family and even worked over time so their ungrateful little spawn could go to summer camps & be taken on great family vacations. The government wisely taxed the wealthy to insure they baby boomers received the best educations money could buy but what did these little bastards do in return?

They sat around smoking pot and protesting when the government actually asked them to do anything in return, they had kids out of wed lock and even when they did get married they usually got divorced in short order because these arrogant self centered ****** believed EVERYTHING was about themselves. When their parents got old rather then looking after them they promptly tossed them into old folks homes to be forgotten, they demanded ever more tax cuts for themselves thus ****ing their kids over with rotten under funded schools because, once again, they never cared about anyone but themselves. They declared bankruptcy in record numbers and never saved much of anything (while their parents dutiful saved and sacrificed for the common good) yet the endlessly demand ever more handouts from the government for themselves while SCREAMING at the top of their lungs that black people, brown people, or worst of all poor people should get any type of hand up as well. Now, after loading the country up with massive debt these douche bags won't even help their children out by leaving them a tiny inheritence because they want to die as they lived; selfish & not caring about anyone else.

The most vile, self centered, egotistical pieces of **** ever. That's the baby boomers. BTW these dumb asses make up virtually the entire Tea Party movement (The one's holding the "keep government out of my medicare"[medicare is a government program] and spreading the conspiracy theory that Obama is a secret muslim illegal alien terrorist sleeper agent [no really Fox was spreading that crap] because they can no longer publicly say they just hate black people).
                              Wait, are they the "anti-war" hippie left or the Reagan/Tea Party right? Now I'm just confused.
                              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                                And I disagree with Rah, we're all basically the same. Slightly different experiences but we're vastly more similar than we are different.
                                I will agree that we're more similar than different. but where's the fun in that.
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X