No announcement yet.

The Most Selfish Generation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baby-boomers are also responsible for the one time that Drake and Oerdin agree.

Comment

Oerdin's ability to turn absolutely anything into supporting evidence for his knee-jerk anti-Republican worldview is terrifyingly amazing.

Comment

Any talk about baby boomers would be incomplete without mentioning they almost exclusively make up all the members of one of the most retarded fake "movements" in history.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

And that "fake movement" claims to "oppose" a "president" that is "also" a Baby Boomer. It's almost unreal how fiendishly "clever" it is!

Comment

It's also hilarious that the tea baggers declared the government can do nothing right, their current idol Rick Perry cut the Texas state forest service's fire fighting budget by 75%, and now Texas is facing the worst wild fires in its history but doesn't have the men or equipment to put them out. Now they're begging the big bad Federal government to come bail them out of the problem their short sightedness created. That's Texas and the tea bagging baby boomers all in a nut shell.
            Last edited by Dinner; September 7, 2011, 07:18.

Comment

uhmm i dont know i kinda want my parents to spend there money on themselfs.

Comment

It's a shame that Oerdin and Drake hate their parents.
                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Not my parents specifically but their generation in general.

Comment

Beats me why any of you should be expecting a handout from your parents - shame on you if you do!
                    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Indeed. I think my parents should enjoy their hard earned money in their retirement. I'm making my own money.
                      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                        Indeed. I think my parents should enjoy their hard earned money in their retirement. I'm making my own money.
                        This is not what this discusison is about. It is abaout the collective failure of an entire generation to come up with a durable solution. Is there any aspect they didn't royally screw up ?

Environment: check
                        Social (population pyramid imbalance): check
                        Financial (sure they built the "welfare state", but the bills are for us to pay): double check

And now of course, we have to pay for their retirement plans but when we retire we will have to take care for ourselves.

I love my parents but they were part of the most self centered ****ed up generation the world has ever seen.
                        "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

We're little better. And in the same context we'd have been just as bad.

You can't jointly blame them for environment, and for not reproducing enough. Having more kids would have been even more devastating to the environment. And overpopulation is a massive issue.
                          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis View Post
                            This is not what this discusison is about. It is abaout the collective failure of an entire generation to come up with a durable solution. Is there any aspect they didn't royally screw up ?

Environment: check
                            Social (population pyramid imbalance): check
                            Financial (sure they built the "welfare state", but the bills are for us to pay): double check

And now of course, we have to pay for their retirement plans but when we retire we will have to take care for ourselves.

I love my parents but they were part of the most self centered ****ed up generation the world has ever seen.
                            Last I checked, at least in this country, it was my grandparent's generation which created the welfare system from Social Security, to medicare, to food stamps, to actual welfare. The 1930's and 1940's generation was all about hard work, savings, thrift, and sacrifice for the greater good while the baby boomers were and are nothing more then self centered brats who used the system for maximum personal benefit, greedily refused to pay the necessary taxes to support the system (no matter if it was education, health care, welfare, or anything else), and simply loaded the country up on debt which we now have to pay because they were to lazy and cheap to pay for the benefits they used. While our grandparents were all about hard work, savings, and working for the common good the baby boomers have been all about debt, egotism, and selfishness with no regard for the public good. The inherited a pretty damn good hand of cards, benefited greatly from it, and then squandered it all giving the rest of us the finger.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                              It's also hilarious that the tea baggers declared the government can do nothing right, their current idol Rick Perry cut the Texas state forest service's fire fighting budget by 75%, and now Texas is facing the worst wild fires in its history but doesn't have the men or equipment to put them out. Now they're begging the big bad Federal government to come bail them out of the problem their short sightedness created. That's Texas and the tea bagging baby boomers all in a nut shell.

Comment

this generation is even worse... they have the excuse of not knowing what they were doing, while we are digging the grave for our successors with full knowledge
                                Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                                GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Working...
                                X