Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official - Elected Americans are on average more ignorant than their electorate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official - Elected Americans are on average more ignorant than their electorate.

An annual National Civic Literacy survey and report to learn to what extent higher education is teaching America's history and institutions to undergraduate students.
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

In each of the following areas, for example, officeholders do more poorly than non-officeholders:

Seventy-nine percent of those who have been elected to government office do not know the Bill of Rights expressly prohibits establishing an official religion for the U.S.
    Thirty percent do not know that “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness” are the inalienable rights referred to in the Declaration of Independence.
    Twenty-seven percent cannot name even one right or freedom guaranteed by the First Amendment.
    Forty-three percent do not know what the Electoral College does. One in five thinks it either “trains those aspiring for higher political office” or “was established to supervise the first televised presidential debates.”
    Fifty-four percent do not know the Constitution gives Congress the power to declare war. Thirty-nine percent think that power belongs to the president, and 10% think it belongs to the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
    Only 32% can properly define the free enterprise system, and only 41% can identify business profit as “revenue minus expenses.”

I hate this ****ing country.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I reflect back to my days in college and realize that all the polisci majors really were as stupid as they seemed.
      "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Do they have these results split up by political party ? Would be interesting to see those results.

And yes, politicians are dumb short sighted ****ers out for your tax $$$.
        "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Do they have these results split up by political party ? Would be interesting to see those results.
          I'd wager that the fact that they don't report this is evidence that the democrats are more likley to be ill-informed.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Hey site idiot. I have you on ignore. I have no idea what type of drivel you are spewing but I just wanted to let you know you are wasting effort here.

EDIT: Not our most esteemed resident pediatrician of course.
              "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Hey site idiot. I have you on ignore. I have no idea what type of drivel you are spewing but I just wanted to let you know you are wasting effort here.
                I said that there's no reason for the american civil liberty folks to conceal republican ignorance.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Seventy-nine percent of those who have been elected to government office do not know the Bill of Rights expressly prohibits establishing an official religion for the U.S.
                  wow
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I wonder if Ben just responded to someone who explicitly said he's ignoring Ben's posts?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                      I said that there's no reason for the american civil liberty folks to conceal republican ignorance.
                      American Civic Literacy. Christ, you're illiterate. And it's sponsored by this group. How liberal do they sound?
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

American Civic Literacy. Christ, you're illiterate. And it's sponsored by this group. How liberal do they sound?
                        They even believe that liberal education currently isn't liberal enough. For shame, Lori.

Comment

This study doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Comment

I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                            [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                              They even believe that liberal education currently isn't liberal enough. For shame, Lori.
                              Please tell me you're joking. Liberal #1 = democrat sense. Liberal #2 = traditional sense.

Their first president was William F Buckley, Jr., the noted liberal scholar ...
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                              X