If Apolyton was a city, which would it be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Apolyton was a city, which would it be

So I go to Paris for a long weekend, and for some reason, I feel that Apolyton just follows me around.....

I was intrigued by this to start

Then there was the graffiti....

Then I started noticing my username everywhere.....

Finally I observed an inordinate number of what appeared to be homeless people, talking crazy, funny and incomprehensible gibberish.

Is Apolyton a metaphor for Paris? Surely there are other contenders?
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Dauphin, it could be Dauphin...

I see Apolyton being Springfield, the same one the Simpsons live in.
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

"Guynemer" seems to have been written by the same hand as www dot sexpennet dot nl ?

Poly isn't Paris. People who aren't already in Paris sometimes go to Paris.

Poly is one of those towns up in the mountains. There's some college educated anti-social types who've gotten fed up with acadamia and have moved away to focus on their non-academic pursuits (often terrorism of one sort or another)... there's the local inbred child spouting nonsense and laughing when someone deems fit to kick them in the head. There's the sheriff who thinks he's got big britches, but the town doesn't even have a jail. If anyone ever gets in trouble they're just told off and then left to go home. Then every once in a great while some poor traveler has their car break down while passing through. They sit uncomfortably in the bar waiting for the tow truck to arrive. For one brief moment all the family feuds are forgotten as this outsider becomes the focus of all the hate within the community. Glares are plentiful, sarcastic inside joke laden questions are asked, people chuckle. Then the tow truck arrives, the visitor leaves, and a bar brawl breaks out between the pasty nerds who are left behind about who ran the new guy out of town.

The analogy works until you get to the "pasty nerd" part...

Comment

Mogadishu
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            I'm not a pasty nerd.
            Uhh... what? Was aeson's post about pasty nerds or something?

Comment

He said something about pasty nerds. I'm assuming he's being sarcastic with his last sentence.
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                Poly is one of those towns up in the mountains.
                South Park?

Comment

Pretty much, yah. Except pastier and whiter. (Al can be our Chef, since he's not as pasty white. Especially since it will piss off Drake.)

Comment

inhabitants

posing as

Comment

Apolyton would be Detroit.
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Brighton or San Francisco.
                        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                          Mogadishu
                          Yes

Comment

Actually, given that Poly's demographics would be close to Amherst, MA.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Definately not Amityville. Amityville is a Long Island bedroom community with really nice expensive big old houses (one or two may be haunted...). Unless you see most of us as NE liberals types with the odd conservative ghost haunting and trying to terrorize us...
                              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Working...
                              X