Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much does audio quality affect the appeal of a vocal recording?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am assuming that even if you have been doing rap since you were a teenager that still may not be very long. I have been listening to rap since 82. I believe that even though I am not a rapper I can tell what's good and what's not.
    What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
    What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

Jay-Z once said that the key to his success is that people around him tell him the truth. I believe that this is true for everything and everyone. I also told you that everybody or me may not like what you are doing. You have to find your own audience. On the other hand, If you can't find and audience and everyone around you is telling you that you sound good, then you need to find some new advisors.
      I mean rap to a song without music. If you do need a beat then minimize it to a beatbox or drums. At the most minimal, I can tell you specifically how I feel about your rapping ability. We already know that your production is not good.
      What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
      What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

What is your rap name?

Comment

scratch taht. you meant rapping but with no beat. hold on.
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

nm
            Last edited by Al B. Sure!; August 14, 2011, 21:09.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Here, Pax, better example.

I opened up two previous sessions and uploaded my acappella tracks. Is that what you meant? This is me rapping to a beat but without the beat mixed into the track.

This is the one that starts with "Ay yo stop, hold up, let me check myself":
              Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

This is the one from "Unfamiliar":
              Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

Comment

Okay, I am in my work week. I'll try to listen to these soon and give you some feedback.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                    Why? Because Drake said so?

I don't like this answer.
                    I'm just saying the discussion has veered into an area I'm not qualified to talk about. So I'm out.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                      I've been doing this since I was a teenager. I know how to write. You all are the first to ever criticize my lyrical content. It's how it sounds on wax that is the problem.
                      Yes, yes. You're a lyrical wordsmith, a mother****ing genius. You clearly have no room for improvement.

Jay-Z once said that the key to his success is that people around him tell him the truth. I believe that this is true for everything and everyone. I also told you that everybody or me may not like what you are doing. You have to find your own audience. On the other hand, If you can't find and audience and everyone around you is telling you that you sound good, then you need to find some new advisors.

This is good advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post

This is good advice.
                        Jay-Z's not a good rapper, though...

Comment

Jay-Z used to be an exceptional rapper.

Comment

That must have been way back, like before he started using children's choirs. He's a good producer.

Comment

No, but he does have a talent for finding good producers.

Comment

Ok, so that's it. Point stands IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                                X