Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much does audio quality affect the appeal of a vocal recording?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know what it is - It's too basic. I kinda like the intro of the song then you come in with a nursery school hook. Still better than the other songs I have heard.
    What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
    What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

Superhero - Not a great song, Not feeling it. Have you ever had Patron?
      What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
      What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

Your acapella tracks reveal your voice in it's rawest form. You have potential and you have several problems.
        1. You are in search of a style.
        2. Your lyrical content.
        3. Your lyrics/rhyme scheme/flow
        4. Your delivery
        5. Your backing music is usually boring

Comment

Style - You have to find one that fits you and your voice and brings out the personality that you have.
          I would say your safest zone would be old school 80's/90's
          I suggest as an exercise take these song instrumental a rap the exact same lyrics over them to get your delivery and flow down as well as style
          Watch the official music video for "Rock Box" by RUN DMCListen to Run DMC: https://RunDMC.lnk.to/listenYDSubscribe to the official Run DMC YouTube channel: h...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

try some of these websites to get original music that not's boring..
            The backing music has to have character and you have fit your rhymes into the song seamlessly. Think words like funky and etc..
            AudioSparx.com provides high quality commercial music for video, TV, film, commercials, websites, online videos, slide shows, DVDs and CD-ROMs, television, radio, films, games, etc.

sounddogs.com
            audiolicense.net
            rumblefish.com

Now Al, I have given you a fair and honest critique of your songs. Are you going to take my advice.

Comment

Oh yeah, your intros sometimes kill the songs before they start. Most times it's best to start the songs not have you tell us what the song is about. Save that for the video if necessary.
              You also use the word "like" as a crutch.
              Last edited by Pax; August 26, 2011, 10:17.

Comment

killer beat crazy flow
                These guys are from NYC but they developed their style while attending college in the south. You can hear both the Northern and the southern influence in the beat and lyrics. If you want to develop yourself you are going to have to step outside your shell.
                Last edited by Pax; August 26, 2011, 10:14.

Comment

I'm here and I do appreciate taking the time to respond with so much.

I'm puzzled. In every response, you say there's a lack of authenticity but then you say this:

Originally posted by Pax View Post
                  I know it's fiction but most rap is and as long as we're telling a story let's make it a good one.
                  I'm not sure what I can work with here. I posted songs about me not getting women but I doubt that that authenticity would make a difference in my appraisal.

What can I do concrete to improve? I need something tangible.

You say I'm boring but others say I need to tone down the emotion because it sounds too much like I'm talking because I'm stressing too many words. Which one is it? None of this is making any sense.

Your acapella tracks reveal your voice in it's rawest form. You have potential and you have several problems.
                  1. You are in search of a style.
                  2. Your lyrical content.
                  3. Your lyrics/rhyme scheme/flow
                  4. Your delivery
                  5. Your backing music is usually boring
                  What does this mean? What is "Your lyrics/rhyme scheme/flow"? How can that be fixed? That is something that is tangible because it's on the paper.

As always, it's flow and delivery not right. But what about it is not right? How can it be improved?
                  "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Look, I've heard plenty of people just starting out and they make the same mistakes. They put way too many syllables into each bar and they go off-beat. Those are very common problems so I tell them to not put more than 10 or 12 syllables per line and to put the rhymes on the snares. That corrects both problems.

Something like that is very concrete advice. I need the equivalent of that. What is the equivalent of that to correct my deficiencies?
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Pax, don't think I'm being callous or that I don't appreciate your help. You obviously spent a lot of time listening and responding. Thank you. Look at my questions and responses as me being very aggressive to improve. Like I want to know what I can do specifically to be better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                        Something like that is very concrete advice. I need the equivalent of that. What is the equivalent of that to correct my deficiencies?

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                        Seeing as I'm the most qualified person here, I'll sacrifice a little of my precious time to set you straight...

1. It's not just your setup; your flow is off and definitely needs work. Try loosening up so you don't sound so wooden and lacking in rhythm.

2. Your rhymes are lazy and sometimes non-existent; definitely need work. Rhyming "bag" with "bag"? Really? You do know that "bag" rhymes with "swag", right, which you use in the chorus and never rhyme with anything? "Fresh" and "death" don't rhyme, and you don't have the skills to make them seem like they do.

3. Your accent (or whatever accent you're adopting for effect) is hard to understand and annoying. You slur your words like Kanye, only you don't have a car accident to blame it on.

4. "See I'm from Philly, so you know I like scrappin'. Puttin' lights out faster than Barry White albums."

Good god, this is terrible. Poorly delivered, doesn't rhyme, and verges on nonsensical. Please change this.

Comment

• I think Alpert should just go for shock value alone.
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Loosing up would be what? Like having sex and drinking?

2. is not relevant. The 'non-existent' rhymes does not apply to anything else but that song.

3. Accent is from Philly. How should I speak? I thought authenticity is important

4. That is a perfectly fine line. Even if it's cringe-worthy to you, there's nothing wrong with that punchline.

Comment

• Loosing up would be what? Like having sex and drinking?

2. is not relevant. The 'non-existent' rhymes does not apply to anything else but that song.

3. Accent is from Philly. How should I speak? I thought authenticity is important

4. That is a perfectly fine line. Even if it's cringe-worthy to you, there's nothing wrong with that punchline.
                              "And since I brought the Heat, I got them feeling like Delonte West after Lebron James left" I'm sorry that one is hot, too. And the rhyme is hardly non-existent (rhyming Beyonce dress, Delonte West, Lebron James left; those are are polysyllabic rhymes)
                              Yes, I go for quantity more than quality lately on punchlines but I really don't think the punchlines are a problem. People usually think my punchlines are hot. That is, when I rap them in person. Maybe something is lost by recording.

Comment

• How come you don't sound like black thought?
                                I'll get back too you on the authenticity/fiction question

Comment

Working...
                                X