Heart attack x 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kitschum View Post
    No, it's completely different!! Don't believe their lies! We have forests and lakes! You have fields and pigs! Sverige is an untouched wilderness paradise (with mosquitoes).
    You said the magic word - mosquitoes - I hate those

Seriously, I hope you know what you're doing. I know I'd be at least a little bit worried after my 3rd heart attack. You're being far too calm for (my) comfort! I hvert fall, bliv bedre og forbliv bedre, ok? Sköt om dig!
    Don't worry, I'm quite aware of the situation. I have had at least seven different docs looking at my problem and they all say the same - "yep, you have had a heart attack, but it's not dangerous". That said, it's still quite unpleseant to have one.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
      Don't worry, I'm quite aware of the situation. I have had at least seven different docs looking at my problem and they all say the same - "yep, you have had a heart attack, but it's not dangerous". That said, it's still quite unpleseant to have one.
      Ok I'll trust you. For helvede. It's rare that I trust a Dane, you know.

My grandma is from a fisherman family in Northwestern Scania. She's told me many stories of treacherous Danes stealing their (i.e. her family's) rightful catch, so I know what you're kind are usually up to. But I choose to believe you're an exception and you're being truthful.

Comment

Didn't really want to update this, but Ashers thread has triggered me.

Last sunday I got another attack while driving home after a family party, so instead of going on, I chose to stop at Vejle. Have spent the last week at the hospital in that city. Good thing this time is that they this time got a shot of the culprit. It was a small vessel running from the top of the heart down to the right that had a little clogging at the top. Cure is eating lots of pills since surgery isn't an option (cure is way more dangerous and actually unnessecary).

The good doc think that I need something like four weeks of reconvalence, and since I'm not a doc, I obey.

Fun stuff. Five days of treatment : free, four weeks of recovery: paid by company, haven't checked it yet, but there may be some $20-30 from insurance that I can use to redecorate, buy a new car or whatever.
        Take it easy and good luck with getting better.

Comment

Ok I'll trust you. For helvede. It's rare that I trust a Dane, you know.

My grandma is from a fisherman family in Northwestern Scania. She's told me many stories of treacherous Danes stealing their (i.e. her family's) rightful catch, so I know what you're kind are usually up to. But I choose to believe you're an exception and you're being truthful.
          Well, I bet that she's a decendant of swedes imported into old danish territory, so no wonder if she was treated as described
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Well, I bet that she's a decendant of swedes imported into old danish territory, so no wonder if she was treated as described
            Blackie, I have a feeling Odin wants us to take this opportunity to reconciliate and unite against the common enemy.

I mean, don't you sometimes feel this way too when reading this forum:

Comment

Blackie, I have a feeling Odin wants us to take this opportunity to reconciliate and unite against the common enemy.

I mean, don't you sometimes feel this way too when reading this forum:

Honestly, I wish you swedes would stop singing with a potato in the mouth. Anyway, that sounds like danish opinions of the danish leftist nutcases of the 70'ies.

Though, I quite agree that the yankees are acting stupidly for the moment. I found it quite funny that a republican blamed Obama for the degration of US credit while she certainly was one of the reasons it happend

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Honestly, I wish you swedes would stop singing with a potato in the mouth.
                Hey! That's my line! What happened to reconciliation?

Anyway, that sounds like danish opinions of the danish leftist nutcases of the 70'ies.
                It's just an anthem of disillusionment. I don't think it's even anti-American really. It's definitely not Leftist.

For the benefit of non-Scandinavian speakers, I'll just say it's one person's story of personally liking American culture (like rock music) but disliking its excesses, and the non-thinking imitation of it in Europe.

Though, I quite agree that the yankees are acting stupidly for the moment.
                Yeah, right. It's cultural. Right now the United States deserves to be another Mexico, which is really too bad. It had such potential.

Comment

Hey! That's my line! What happened to reconciliation?
                  Can't help it - that swede are certainly chewing on a large potato

At my previous company we had a couple of swedish customers (SLU and the public library of halmstad). I had no problems talking with the profs at both sites when we got the numbering sorted out. It was another case when I wanted something to eat - I goddamn ****ing had to speak english to get understood

Yeah, right. It's cultural. Right now the United States deserves to be another Mexico, which is really too bad. It had such potential.
                  I guess that the decline of US may hurt a lot of countries, but we danes are quite confident - surplus on trade, no debt etc

Steven Weinberg

Comment

At my previous company we had a couple of swedish customers (SLU and the public library of halmstad). I had no problems talking with the profs at both sites when we got the numbering sorted out. It was another case when I wanted something to eat - I goddamn ****ing had to speak english to get understood
                    Apropos of nothing in particular, I was in Halmstad yesterday for the Tall Ships Races. It was pretty great.

I guess that the decline of US may hurt a lot of countries, but we danes are quite confident - surplus on trade, no debt etc
                    A'ight. Short-medium range we're good on this side of Østersund too (public debt around 33% of GDP), so don't get any funny ideas.

Comment

hope you get better, Cat - may I suggest a change in diet?

good thing you got in there for the 3rd attack so they could see what was acting up...

docs aint much better off than car mechanics when it comes to finding the source for occasional flare-ups.

Comment

Apropos of nothing in particular, I was in Halmstad yesterday for the Tall Ships Races. It was pretty great.
                        Are you spectator or do you like action ? My company has a couple of time hired a sea scout scooner where we have to pull the ropes, climbing around the bowsprit setting sails etc. It's quite fun

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                          docs aint much better off than car mechanics when it comes to finding the source for occasional flare-ups.
                          Yeah, true dat.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                          X