Heart attack x 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heart attack x 2

Sunday afternoon I had some chest pains, but since the weekend had been slightly wet, too little sleep etc. I wasn't really concerned - an hour in bed and it was over.

Well, same happened tuesday - chestpain, coldsweat so this time went to the emergency. They checked me in the usual ways ut couldn't really find anything except some minor anomalities on the cardiograph, though nothing alarming. Just to be sure they wanted to check blood samples a little, just to be sure that nothing was wrong, so I was put into a hospital bed and tapped for a couple of pints of blood (felt so).

Later that evening a cute little nurse came to visit me and told me that my troponin measurement said that I have had an heart attack, probably two.

After that they started to turn me into a pincushion (I HATE needles) and added 24 hour monitoring thingies.

Next day it was ultrasound scanning, CT scanning and coronary arteriography. The two first was quite peacefull and quite interesting - looking at your own heart beating was kind of awesome (hate that word, but I think it's sufficient here), though the the contrast fluid used in the CT scanning was special - it gave a hot feeling in the mouth (was warned about that). The worst part was the arteriograpy - somebody sticking a needle into your groin (well some centimetres away) wasn't excactly my cup of tea - well, after the sedation kicked in I didn't feel anything. Again, it was that awfull word to see how your own heart worked - crazy thing, as said I HATE needles, but my pulse was 60 while they worked on me - I had expected it to go trice that. Guess that I was more curious about what was happening than really worrying

Note, I'm a bit ticklish in that area, so the good doc sweared at me when I started to jerk my right leg when he started to put the steel in.

Summa summarum - yeah, I have had a heart attack but it could have been worse. A slightly enlarged heart, a little too high blood presure and a a little too high cholesterol count, but no damages to heart or arteries, not even a trace of possibly clogged such - there wasn't actually any evidence to where the incidents had happened.

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Blah

Comment

Scary ****, but I'm glad to hear you're okay.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Dude, if you die, who am I going to take the piss out of? I would be sad.

Still, at least you got an advanced warning without having to suffer any undue consequences, so glad you're ok - I'm not that much of a heartless bastard. Much.
        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
          Scary ****, but I'm glad to hear you're okay.

Thanks. The scary bit actually first showed it's face after the med check - I felt fine shortly after the attacks.
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Wow, that's terrifying. But I'm glad you're okay, BlackCat!
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Sorry to hear that, Blackcat! Scary stuff, but I'm glad you are ok! You will be in my prayers!
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                Dude, if you die, who am I going to take the piss out of? I would be sad.

Still, at least you got an advanced warning without having to suffer any undue consequences, so glad you're ok - I'm not that much of a heartless bastard. Much.
                You are the reason that I want to live - you need to be put back under that stone you crawled out from - no heart attck can prevent me from doing that

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Good to hear that it wasn't as serious as it could have been.
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                    Sorry to hear that, Blackcat! Scary stuff, but I'm glad you are ok! You will be in my prayers!
                    Thanks, Imran.

Though, I know it's part of your culture, but I really feels awkward when you write that about prayers. I'm sure that you mean well, but I feel quite uneasy by it. That said, I have no intention to bomb you or like

Oh, That about bobming, I might take that up if anyone abuses my comment

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Then I'll just look for other people's comments to abuse.
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I'm glad you are OK.

What age are you, roughly if you prefer?
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                          Then I'll just look for other people's comments to abuse.
                          First, thanks, for the concern, next, MOBIUS is for example free hunt

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
                            I'm glad you are OK.

What age are you, roughly if you prefer?
                            Well, roughly, I'm 51 and 7,2 months

Steven Weinberg

Comment

The real annoying thing is that some reactions was that if I wanted to live longer, then I had to stop living Another is that I apparently are supposed to eat pills for the rest of my life.

The first was kind of expected, but I'm not sure about the last. Yes, I apparently have passed a limit, but does that nessecarily imply that I have to eat pills for the rest ? Any docs in the house ?

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                              X