Heart attack x 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
    You are the reason that I want to live - you need to be put back under that stone you crawled out from - no heart attck can prevent me from doing that
    So I'm basically the reason you're still alive.

So if I really wanted to kill you, I could suddenly start having all the same opinions as you and generally being nice. Starting with actually being glad that you're OK.

Oh dear, I feel conflicted now...
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
      So I'm basically the reason you're still alive.

So if I really wanted to kill you, I could suddenly start having all the same opinions as you and generally being nice. Starting with actually being glad that you're OK.

Oh dear, I feel conflicted now...
      Nah, first of all, if you started being nice it would mean killing yourself

MOBIUS, I don't hate you or like, I actually like you - just have an urge to send you back to that place you come from
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Glad that you're okay. Stay healthy.
        What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
        What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

Glad to hear you're doing well!! :b

I once got to see my bowels on the teevee using contrast and yeah, it sure looks cool.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Apolyton Heart Attack Survivor's Club:
            Sloww
            Blackcat

Am I missing anyone? We should probably start keeping track as all the ancient Civ II nuts are getting old!
            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Stay strong.
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Wow. Glad you got through that.

Remember: Move toward the light!
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                  Wow. Glad you got through that.

Remember: Move toward the light!
                  Well, I followed those going to the right - otherwise I would have ended up in Ishøj.

While it was serious enough, it wasn't this "spasms on the floor" that you see on films - just serious pains and ability to get a cab - emergency phone doc was quite stern that I shouldn't drive by my self.
                  With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
                    Sunday afternoon I had some chest pains, but since the weekend had been slightly wet, too little sleep etc. I wasn't really concerned - an hour in bed and it was over.

Well, same happened tuesday - chestpain, coldsweat so this time went to the emergency. They checked me in the usual ways ut couldn't really find anything except some minor anomalities on the cardiograph, though nothing alarming. Just to be sure they wanted to check blood samples a little, just to be sure that nothing was wrong, so I was put into a hospital bed and tapped for a couple of pints of blood (felt so).

Later that evening a cute little nurse came to visit me and told me that my troponin measurement said that I have had an heart attack, probably two.

After that they started to turn me into a pincushion (I HATE needles) and added 24 hour monitoring thingies.

Next day it was ultrasound scanning, CT scanning and coronary arteriography. The two first was quite peacefull and quite interesting - looking at your own heart beating was kind of awesome (hate that word, but I think it's sufficient here), though the the contrast fluid used in the CT scanning was special - it gave a hot feeling in the mouth (was warned about that). The worst part was the arteriograpy - somebody sticking a needle into your groin (well some centimetres away) wasn't excactly my cup of tea - well, after the sedation kicked in I didn't feel anything. Again, it was that awfull word to see how your own heart worked - crazy thing, as said I HATE needles, but my pulse was 60 while they worked on me - I had expected it to go trice that. Guess that I was more curious about what was happening than really worrying

Note, I'm a bit ticklish in that area, so the good doc sweared at me when I started to jerk my right leg when he started to put the steel in.

Summa summarum - yeah, I have had a heart attack but it could have been worse. A slightly enlarged heart, a little too high blood presure and a a little too high cholesterol count, but no damages to heart or arteries, not even a trace of possibly clogged such - there wasn't actually any evidence to where the incidents had happened.

Going through the groin and up through the artery gave me the most pain, afterwords.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                      Going through the groin and up through the artery gave me the most pain, afterwords.
                      Did you feel anything after the initial insertion ? I didn't feel anything.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

No, I was drugged up. AFTER, yes.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Uhmn, I admit that I can feel it in the groin, but it isn't a pain, just an annoyance.

Edit: maybe you had a ****ty doc

Steven Weinberg

Comment

My doctor didn't do it, but you may be correct about the guy that did it.

Comment

Honestly, I'm pretty sure that you got the best that was available - christ, I was was transported some 15 km from my initial hospital to the expert center.

I seem to have forgotten a minor thing - it was all free

Steven Weinberg

Comment

So what level of pain are we talking about?
                                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                                X