• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No means no, Jon Miller!
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

OK, I just do like talking about it.

And by talking to you, I looked up stuff, and learned about where scholarship about John has gone in the last ~30 years.

So thanks!

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Hmmmm............ Have we gotten a little off topic?
        "As soon as a coin in the coffer rings, a soul form purgatory springs."
        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
          Hmmmm............ Have we gotten a little off topic?
          "As soon as a coin in the coffer rings, a soul form purgatory springs."
          Nothing seems wrong with that, if you're Ben Kenobi. They have him by the balls.

Comment

your posting here no problem
            anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
              There's no evidence that the Gospels were written by the apostles. Most historians and theologians don't believe the Epistles of Peter were written by Peter but are rather falsely attributed.
              that dont sound logical, it seems to me they all thought Jesus was coming back in their life times so compiling the gospels wasn't important until they got old and started compiling his teachings etc before dying. I dont know if they were written by the disciples or dictated to their disciples, but I have to believe the gospels have a more direct "lineage". Now Paul's another matter, I dont trust that dude I think he injected far too much of his own views into the religion and it taints what Jesus taught.

As for indulgences, the problem was the people selling them - they're hypocrites, excommunicating 1 person (or worse) and letting someone else off the hook for $$$.

Comment

Berz, the problem with that is that the letters, we have good evidence of a date within the 50s (before Paul and Peter were executed).

The Gospels we also have pretty good evidence that they are dated before 60, with the exception of John.

Here's the problem Boris. The author of Hebrews hasn't been passed down through history. Yet, the opinion of the church fathers who came after the Apostles is clear on the authorship of all 4 Gospels. If there was a contention in ancient times, don't you think that they would say the same thing they do about Hebrews?
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

why is that a problem? Paul came along later, but the disciples (some anyway) were still alive and possible sources for the gospels. I dont know if they wrote/dictated them in the years immediately following Jesus or later on as they neared death, but I dont see any reason to think they didn't originate with them.

Comment

Working...
                  X