Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it so hard to be a part-time bank teller (or to get any job)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dannubis View Post
    Which wasn't what I was alluding to, you dolt. Ask how much a firmean should earn before and after he has saved you from your burning house.
    Previously addressed. By a high school student. You ****ing dolt.

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
    That's like saying "if we didn't have farmers we'd starve". It doesn't say anything about the value of an individual farmer.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by dannubis View Post
      Which wasn't what I was alluding to, you dolt. Ask how much a firmean should earn before and after he has saved you from your burning house.
      Originally posted by dannubis View Post
      Bla bla bla. Cry me a river.

I ddin't make any judgement on you or your job or any job for that matter. I just pointed out that not everything is measurable by hard facts. In fact, you can do 2 very similar studies, for very similar clients and not be valued the same way.
      1) Why do you think this has anything to do with me or my job?
      2) What you "pointed out" is simply that there is uncertainty in the world. Congratulations!
      3) With the world's uncertainty, with limited knowledge, and with limited time for others to spend on thinking about them, PEOPLE ARE GENERALLY THE BEST JUDGES OF THE VALUE OF GOODS AND SERVICES TO THEM
      4) WTF are you blathering on about with "studies" and "clients". I'm not a ****ing consultant, you nincompoop.
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
        s!
        3) With the world's uncertainty, with limited knowledge, and with limited time for others to spend on thinking about them, PEOPLE ARE GENERALLY THE BEST JUDGES OF THE VALUE OF GOODS AND SERVICES TO THEM
        This one has kinda been proven to be false.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShi View Post
          This one has kinda been proven to be false.
          No.
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Yes.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
              You should write a book, be the new Ayn Rand!
              No.
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Good debate.
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Yes.
                  Do elaborate. Note the use of the word "generally" and the comparative term (meaning you need to demonstrate the existence of a superior authority).
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                    It's not that you can't value stuff, you're just mostly incapable of obtaining the things you value. At least, if the information you've given about what you value is correct, your life decisions will not get you what you want. For example, you seem to think joining the military will make you a banker...?
                    Now, I don't think that I can judge better than albie the value of becoming a banker to him. On the other hand, I have far, far more experience with the actual hiring process in finance than he does. This is a case where he has no experience and others do.
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                      I'd start with statins. And anything else that might prolong life for people over 55.

**** the boomers.
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Minor quibble: gribbler is in college, not HS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solomwi View Post
                          Telling a crackhead his life would improve if he stopped buying crack is not the same as telling him the "real" value of crack.
                          He may not be happier if he stopped taking crack. Sober life isn't some kind of magical, wonderful experience. Who knows how awesome being a crack addict is for the person who experiences it...
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Well, the superior authority would be someone with more knowledge and time to devote to discerning to value of goods and services to others. For the most part this consists of the government and, well, people like you.

But generally, people will make pretty bad decisions about value to themselves.
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
                              Minor quibble: gribbler is in college, not HS.
                              Is he? I'd guessed that he was a senior in HS.
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Well, the superior authority would be someone with more knowledge and time to devote to discerning to value of goods and services to others. For the most part this consists of the government and, well, people like you.
                                Uh...no. How many hours does "the government" spend thinking about what I want? How many hours do I spend thinking about that subject?

The government CANNOT and SHOULD NOT examine my life and my desires in such detail that it could possibly know better than I do what I value.
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X