Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it so hard to be a part-time bank teller (or to get any job)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    Is 'athlete' a metaphor or are you really implying bankers are in shape? I assumed metaphor til you mentioned the supposed paucity of actually physically fat bankers
    no, literally. healthy mind, healthy body.

who knows, my ecosystem might be different from KH's. from what i hear they're slender there too, although that might in part be due to the frequent coke consumption.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zoetstofzoetje View Post
      no, literally. healthy mind, healthy body.

who knows, my ecosystem might be different from KH's. from what i hear they're slender there too, although that might in part be due to the frequent coke consumption.
      Yeah but those who are client-oriented or back-office types like KH?
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Oh, in my world the back-office people tend to be lazy 9-to-5 contract monkeys. You'll find quite a few bigboned people there. I was talking about the people on the frontier.

Comment

Oh, in my world the back-office people tend to be lazy 9-to-5 contract monkeys. You'll find quite a few bigboned people there. I was talking about the people on the frontier.
          Well anyone with client interaction should be attractive. Your statements then are about as uncontroversial as there's few fat people in retail.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Mind you, there are few 'customers' in this world any more. Quite a few traders work with their own/their boss's money. It's just the scumbags at banks that have both customers and their own traders. When a big transaction is about to go through for the customer, the 'own' traders are alerted, and front-run the client transaction. Customer loses, bank wins.

Comment

• So what's your point about physical attractiveness again?

Comment

I've been to the pits and posts quite a few times, never saw a single one.

There you go. Have that one on me.
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; June 4, 2011, 06:05.
                  Order of the Fly
                  Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Originally posted by dannubis View Post
                    KH is GS.

And I guess statements like this makes his blood pressure go up.
                    i think the best part is that he works for a firm whos sole purpose is to beat the market. the same market he claims is infallible.

but to be fair he is a smart guy so there gotta be something we are missing. maybe he has discovered that the best **** suckers are ayn rand high schoolers. maybe between thos cow eyes there was a magic tongue. would explain why 90% of her followers are dudes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
                      I'm not an expert, nor have I extensively studied this (feel free to add "I noticed") so I pulled this definition off of wikipedia that pretty much sums up my opinion of it: "Market failures can be viewed as scenarios where individuals' pursuit of pure self-interest leads to results that are not efficient – that can be improved upon from the societal point-of-view." I'll admit that it is not as clean as yours in a mathematical sense.

That's just a different way of phrasing precisely what KH said. "Efficient" in this case pretty much just means "not Pareto optimal".
                      Pareto efficiency doesn't allow for any wealth redistribution.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                        Too easy. You made a similar joke like a day ago.
                        Well it never grows old...because it was already f**king ancient
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Originally posted by a.kitman View Post
                          i think the best part is that he works for a firm whos sole purpose is to beat the market.
                          "Sell side". Look it up.
                          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Killing it is the new killing it
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Mind you, there are few 'customers' in this world any more. Quite a few traders work with their own/their boss's money. It's just the scumbags at banks that have both customers and their own traders. When a big transaction is about to go through for the customer, the 'own' traders are alerted, and front-run the client transaction. Customer loses, bank wins.
                            You're a ****ing idiot.
                            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Killing it is the new killing it
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by a.kitman View Post
                              but to be fair he is a smart guy so there gotta be something we are missing.
                              why are you sucking this idiot's dick?

Comment

why are you sucking this idiot's dick?
                                Genius Clique wanna-be. Like HC and gribbler, apparently.

Comment

Working...
                                X