Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it so hard to be a part-time bank teller (or to get any job)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
    That's like saying "if we didn't have farmers we'd starve". It doesn't say anything about the value of an individual farmer.
    Very, very good.

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
      The amount of money you make is a measure of the value you provide to other people.
      It's true though I've, rightly, been called a douche bag for being that blunt.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The amount of money you make is a measure of the perceived value you provide to other people.
        "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

• best.thread.ever

can somebody summarize the last 5 pages for me though?

Comment

• Originally posted by dannubis View Post
            Which is, itself, a measure of the true value you provide to other people. Fail.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
              Which is, itself, a measure of the true value you provide to other people. Fail.
              The utter intellectual dishonesty which is inherent in the position that somebody is a better judge of the value of things to entire classes of complete strangers than they themselves are is hilarious to me...
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• I spend a lot of my time clearing up the wreckage caused by people paid far more more than they are worth. Occasionally hounding them out of their job entirely, in fact.
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• A better test would be if you could prevent the wreckage in the first place. Anybody can see fraud and error with the benefit of hindsight.
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
                    Which wasn't what I was alluding to, you dolt. Ask how much a firmean should earn before and after he has saved you from your burning house.

Comment

The utter intellectual dishonesty which is inherent in the position that somebody is a better judge of the value of things to entire classes of complete strangers than they themselves are is hilarious to me...
                      Bla bla bla. Cry me a river.

I ddin't make any judgement on you or your job or any job for that matter. I just pointed out that not everything is measurable by hard facts. In fact, you can do 2 very similar studies, for very similar clients and not be valued the same way.

Comment

• Originally posted by dannubis View Post
                        Which wasn't what I was alluding to, you dolt. Ask how much a firmean should earned before and after he saved you from your house.
                        Dannubis, Kuci/KH are of the perfect homo economicus school.
                        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Anyone else notice an incongruity between this post and KH's constant belittlement of my life decisions?
                          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Giving people what they want (and are therefore willing to pay for):
                            You should write a book, be the new Ayn Rand!
                            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                              Anyone else notice an incongruity between this post and KH's constant belittlement of my life decisions?
                              No. You've given enough information about your life for someone else to evaluate your intelligence. However, I'm sure you value the stuff you spend your money on.

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                                No. You've given enough information about your life for someone else to evaluate your intelligence. However, I'm sure you value the stuff you spend your money on.
                                I do not believe the philosophy of KrazyHorse gives any latitude nor makes any exception for a particular evaluation of one's intelligence/mental condition nor that intelligence of an individual plays any role in said individual's capacity to value. You know, that's why KH doesn't make exceptions for drug addicts, for example. He still regurgitates that 'arrogance' nonsense when such people are mentioned.

Comment

Working...
                                X