Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it so hard to be a part-time bank teller (or to get any job)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like you've got another taker... (I'm not talking about DaShi)

Comment

• How sure and how much more money?
      For 1600 valid emails? At 5 per email because they are valid, and fresh? You'd earn about 8500 a year, and that's just for one sale.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Zoetstofzoetje View Post
        Up to you to figure it out! I'm off for a week because I'm running a conference, cya later, kisses for KH!

If no more than two people turn up, will you be celebrating your stunning success in running an invitation list so selective that must have captured only the elitiest of the elite?
        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
          In this very thread, a few people said it's all about connections... connections poor people don't have.
          You should travel a bit. Go to China or India for a month. Your perception of poverty will
          change, I guarantee it. Even poor people in the US are better off than most people in the
          world. But it's not just that the US is rich, it is also probably the country with the most
          upward mobility in the world. Don't give up and you'll do well eventually. You're not old,
          if you want it you can get another degree by the time you're 30, for example.

USA

Comment

• Originally posted by VetLegion View Post
            But it's not just that the US is rich, it is also probably the country with the most
            upward mobility in the world.
            Apparently not.

Comment

• Perhaps not the most then, but among the more mobile certainly.

Nevertheless, if Al suspects that his muslim name is perhaps a problem... well,
              let him try in those other countries. I bet it would be even more problem than
              in the US.

Comment

• Probably not among the more mobile in first world countries...

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Zoe, since you're a successful business owner I'm sure you know this, but I have a simple assignment for you. Calculate the following:

1)Cost of your time sorting through resumes
                  2)Cost of your time conducting interviews
                  3)Cost of any screening programs (ie, background, drug, etc.) that your company contracts out for
                  4)If 3) is inapplicable, estimate instead the cost to your organization of hiring criminals/drug users
                  5)Cost of training. For simplicity's sake, we'll simplify this to (Hours of training for trainee X Average hourly rate) + (Hours of training for trainer X Average hourly rate) + Cost of any training materials. Add to that estimated opportunity cost of having inexperienced employees learning from their mistakes early on.
                  6)Cost of legal fees/unemployment costs resulting in high turnover.
                  7)Multiply all of this by the number of times you go through this per year.

Beginning to get the picture?
                  Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                  Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

• zip
                    Last edited by Al B. Sure!; June 8, 2011, 16:36.
                    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• IMO, too melodramatic.

Comment

• Please, Al, for the love of all that is good, submit that without changing a single letter.
                        Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                          IMO, too melodramatic.
                          Too many words fast-food management would not understand.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Solomwi View Post
                            Please, Al, for the love of all that is good, submit that without changing a single letter.
                            Order of the Fly
                            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                              Service is not what a burger flipper or a glorified manager/director/executive who directs burger flippers provides.
                              Oh get over yourself. I consistently appreciate all that they do for me and I'm willing to pay top dollar for it. I'm hungry and I'm busy and they satisfy both needs with remarkable efficiency. The epitome of value.

What I don't need is to have thousands of tax dollars wrested from me by a monopoly on the use of force only to pay some glorified mercenary to blow the brains out of some stranger in another frivolous misadventure so he can stroke his own ego, any more than I need to pay someone to dig holes and fill them back in again.
                              Unbelievable!

Comment

• Darius
                                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Killing it is the new killing it
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X