Building a home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
    The house will be connected for a natural gas BBQ on the rear deck.
    We did this and we love it--Its not that its a big deal to go fill your propane tank but it was always one more thing to do when we were having people over for a BBQ-- Now its so convenient ( plus we got a very sweet BBQ for free from friends that were moving to a place that didn't have natural gas everywhere)
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

That seems to be standard in all of the new layouts.

I would hope so as it seems to be a no-brainer.

My wife and I rented a place that was otherwise great but which had french doors from the bedroom to the master and a non-sequestered toilet. I found I just ended up going to a different bathroom
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• walk in pantry in the kitchen ?
        2,3 car garage ?
        1 floor or 2 ?

the best advice I have is on the final walk thru.Its amzing what they try to pull over on you,even Morrison. We are most happy with the quality - you just make sure they deliver.

from our experience
        1. Warped wall
        2. Two different batches used on linolieum floor
        3. Almost got a fireplace, when we did not wont one
        4. leaving overspay on the windows
        5. trying to rush you through the final
        anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

• Originally posted by Addled Platypus View Post
          walk in pantry in the kitchen ?
          Yes. A couple of the layouts we're looking at have walk THROUGH pantries, which I'm not crazy about.

2,3 car garage ?
          2, but with width extensions to give more room.

1 floor or 2 ?
          2, plus a basement (which may or may not be walk-out).

the best advice I have is on the final walk thru.Its amzing what they try to pull over on you,even Morrison. We are most happy with the quality - you just make sure they deliver.

from our experience
          1. Warped wall
          2. Two different batches used on linolieum floor
          3. Almost got a fireplace, when we did not wont one
          4. leaving overspay on the windows
          5. trying to rush you through the final
          I think the Morrison Homes Flubber and I are talking about only build in Alberta. By googling I know there's a couple others in the US, unrelated.

Good list of things to look out for. I plan to stop by every weekend during construction to just ensure things are being done as expected...I live about 10 mins away right now.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• It's amazing what can get stuffed into a garage when there's no dedicated and easily accessible storage space.
            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Walk in pantries are pretty cool. My parents have one and when you realise how much space it saves in a kitchen they turn out to be pretty handy.
              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• Buy a textbook for home inspections, they give you lots to look out for you may not expect.
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

2, but with width extensions to give more room.

Added width can be very very beneficial

Comment

• 240 sq meters of floorspace... 1 bathroom. (eventually at least!)

Comment

• Not a bad size. I am in a city centre flat and this place has about 1400sqft (130m^2) and I have two spaces in an underground garage. I have quite a lot of space for one guy (perpetually single as per usual) but it does mean I can have an office. The location is great, all the shops within easy reach and the main train station is 10 minutes walk from here. I'm quite enjoying the lifestyle that not living in London affords me
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                        It's not about making big bucks. It's about consumption that only serves as your entry in a dick measuring contest.

Realistically, a single person can live comfortably on $10K/year. Anything else is superfluous.
                        Realistically? You haven't touched upon realistic thought in a long long time.
                        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Albie is actually right about $10k. Doesn't mean you can live anywhere you want and do anything you want, but you can live quite comfortably on $10k/year when single.

Comment

• Maybe in the phillipines...
                            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• No, I live on a lot less than that here. About 1/3rd. And your candy ass wouldn't make it a week in the "comfort" I live in here I'll bet

In the US I never spent more than $8k / year on personal expenses, and usually less. (Times when I was paying rent.)

Comment

• I'd like to see you manage that here..especially in London. Wouldn't be much of a standard of living though, surely?
                                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                                X