X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He is Risen!

Happy Easter everybody!

Christos Anesti!
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Go back to Canada, illegal.

Comment

http://apolyton.net/showthread.php/1...It-is-Easter!!

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV View Post
        Go back to Canada, illegal.
        +1

Comment

Which one is the Easter Egg?
          "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
          "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Who is risen? Easter is the traditional pagan ceremony to celebrate the fertile 'spring' season, you know..

Comment

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

What's for Easter dinner?

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

"I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Wish I could afford that. Yum.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Well if Albie can, you certainly can...
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

They apparently don't teach Latin anymore in the Netherlands.

Comment

Well if Albie can, you certainly can...
                          I guess I could, just would rather put it away for another time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                            Wish I could afford that. Yum.
                            I'm sorry I thought Catholics can't eat red meat on Easter

Comment

It's a SIGN !!!

Satya Sai Baba, Indian guru, dies at 84

One of India's most revered spiritual leaders, Sri Satya Sai Baba, has died in hospital at the age of 84.

The guru, who suffered respiratory problems and kidney failure, died in his hometown Puttaparthi after a cardiac arrest, doctors said.

He enjoyed support from all areas of Indian society and had followers around the world.

But he was dogged by controversy including allegations, never proven, of sexual abuse and charlatanism.

High-profile followers included former Indian Prime Minster Atal Behari Vajpayee and cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar.

Many devotees considered him a living god, and credited him with mystical powers including the ability to conjure objects out of the air.

Prime Minister Manmohan Singh described his death as an "irreparable loss".

"He was a spiritual leader who inspired millions to lead a moral and meaningful life even as they followed the religion of their choice," said Mr Singh.
                              Reincarnation claim

His organisation has financed health and education projects, among them hospitals and clinics that claim to cure illnesses beyond the capabilities of mainstream medicine.
                              Devotees grieve on hearing the news of the Sai Baba's death, outside Baba's ashram in Puttaparthi April 24, 2011 Devotees grieved in Puttaparthi at news of the guru's death

But his career was dogged by controversy.

He was accused of faking some of the so-called miracles attributed to him and some former followers accused him of sexually abusing young male followers.

The allegations were denied and he was never charged with any offence.

The hospital said his body would be available for public viewing on Monday and Tuesday before a funeral ceremony is held.

"We appeal to all not to rush to the hospital, but to remain calm and have Darshan [viewing] in an orderly manner," the hospital said in a statement.

In recent weeks, the hospital has been mobbed by groups of devotees praying for the guru's wellbeing.

Satya Sai Baba's hometown has been transformed into a vast complex of hotels, resorts, university buildings, and an enormous ashram thronging with devotees.

He rose to prominence as a youngster after announcing to his family that he was the reincarnation of Shirdi Sai Baba, a 19th Century Indian holy man who had been equally venerated by Hindus and Muslims.

By 1950 he had built his first ashram, and in recent decades managed to build up a global following.
                              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                              X