• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Felch View Post
    It's called "The Children."

Spoiler:
    Of the Forest?
    The obvious choice, but you also have the theme of parenthood and children all over the place: Tywin and his kids, Jon and Ned, Dany and her dragons and the peasant's girl...
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• That fight got a lot better once they dropped their swords.
      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
        The obvious choice, but you also have the theme of parenthood and children all over the place: Tywin and his kids, Jon and Ned, Dany and her dragons and the peasant's girl...
        Yeah, you definitely got a point.

Comment

• You had one job, show. One damn job.
          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Okay yeah that episode was off the ****ing charts, but I'm kinda miffed at no
            Spoiler:
            stoneheart
            . Oh well, can't have everything!

Also, Jojen dying...did not see that coming. I don't know if that means he dies in the books or not.

Most of the changes I liked. Tyrion was a lot more sympathetic; Shae tries to kill him first, and he doesn't say dumb **** to Jaime just to piss Jaime off. And Varys helps him out of the goodwill of his heart. I think it just comes off better that way.

STANNIS! STANNIS! STANNIS! was reasonably well done and for once David and Dan didn't try to make it look like he's some kind of goosestepping Nazi. I still think it would have had more impact last episode though.

Comment

• You gotta love that the writers were reading ASoIaF and thought, "Not enough people are being killed."

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                Tyrion was a lot more sympathetic; Shae tries to kill him first, and he doesn't say dumb **** to Jaime just to piss Jaime off. And Varys helps him out of the goodwill of his heart. I think it just comes off better that way.
                Aroo? In that chapter of the book I was rooting for Tyrion as he took his revenge. Shae deserved it and Jaime kind of deserved it too.

I prefer Varys helping people because:
                Spoiler:
                It's part of his grand plan to destabilize the Lannisters so Aegon has an easier path
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Oh no I agree, I was rooting for Tyrion all the way in the books because Shae was a lot more transparently in it for his money in the books and Jaime was more of an ******* too. But I'm the brotherly love thing came off better.

In the books, Varys was probably helping him for the same reason, but it seemed like
                  Spoiler:
                  it was just because his life was threatened
                  at the time.

Comment

• Screw the kindler gentler Varys
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• The biggest omission from the episode isn't that certain someone we all expected to show up but didn't, it is no mention of Tysha, either between Tyrion and Jaime or Tyrion and Tywin.

And I don't think Varys is doing anything out of the kindness of his heart; he knows Tyrion has an excellent strategic mind, and is a valuable asset. He also knows with Tywin dead, and Tyrion gone, his time on the Small Council, and possibly breathing, is at an end. So, instead of vanishing into thin air until he does that thing he does at the end of book five, the showrunners decided to send him overseas with Tyrion, because the character is awesome and they want to keep him around for a while. Sort of like how they kept the Hound through the whole season.
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I guess they'll have to
                        Spoiler:
                        part ways then when Aegon Blackfyre
                        shows up.

Comment

• The last name you are giving him is completely in dispute.

Comment

• A dragon is a dragon, black or red.

Iron dragon falls into the water, rusts.

Mummer's dragon.

Founders of the Golden Company

Seriously it's probably the most telegraphed thing short of
                            Spoiler:
                            R+L=J

Comment

• Spoiler:
                              Mummer's Dragon? You mean Varys, the Mummer, dragon? Also remember Dany's vision in the House of the Undying - Aegon's story is the "Song of Ice and Fire". Also why would Varys hide the truth from Kevan Lannister that he's presenting a Blackfyre as Aegon Targaryen?

In addition, the Golden Company want Jon Connington to marry Aegon with Dany, and are growing tired with waiting for Dany to cross the narrow sea in A Dance with Dragons - so they aren't just backing a Blackfyre - any Targaryen will do

Comment

• Spoiler:
                                He never says anything that contradicts that Aegon is a Blackfyre, and he wouldn't want his little birds to hear that because it could bring his legitimacy into question.

Oh yeah, and

Spoiler:
                                the actual Aegon surviving is really ****ing implausible, in particular that Fake Aegon would be killed in such a way as to render him unrecognizable. It is my opinion that Aegon/Young Griff is Illyrio's son by a female member of the Blackfyre dynasty.

Comment

Working...
                                X