A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoiler:

So he just accidentally gave it to the guy who ended up being the assassin? He wasn't in on the plot though, right? Cause that sounds a bit far fetched.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Spoiler:
      No, Joffrey ordered the botched assassination attempt and gave the would-be assassin his father's valyrian steel blade to do it with.

These aren't really spoilers, we're past the point in the show where any of this matters.

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
        Spoiler:
        No, Joffrey ordered the botched assassination attempt and gave the would-be assassin his father's valyrian steel blade to do it with.

These aren't really spoilers, we're past the point in the show where any of this matters.
        To do it with and as payment. He knew Robert didn't care about little things like that and would never miss the dagger. He wanted Bran killed because...

Spoiler:
        He knew Bran knew his "dad" wasn't really his father and instead his uncle was so he wanted Bran silenced so the secret wouldn't get out and Joffery would stay heir to the throne.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• No. Joffrey died believing his father was Robert.

Comment

• So Sersi was all "Joffrey darling, Bran caught your uncle and I screwing in the tower, can you clean up any loose ends for mommy?" Why would Sersi share this information with him instead of just taking care of it herself?

Joffery, at least as presented in the show, hasn't been terribly involved in all the scheming, he is just a cruel bully. It seems too sophisticated a move for him, especially that early.
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
              No. Joffrey died believing his father was Robert.
              Want to bet? Why do you suppose Joffrey had all of Robert's bastards killed? Why do you think he needled his mother on that point?

Comment

• Cersei had them killed. Joffrey was just a rich spoiled psychopath.
                John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                  [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• Originally posted by Felch View Post
                    Cersei had them killed. Joffrey was just a rich spoiled psychopath.
                    Nope. Joff had them killed. It is explicit in the books.

Comment

• OIAW

“You might be disappointed by the result,” Varys replied. “The storms come and go, the waves crash overhead, the big fish eat the little fish, and I keep on paddling. Might I trouble you for a taste of the wine that Lord Slynt enjoyed so much?”

Tyrion waved at the flagon, frowning. Varys filled a cup. “Ah. Sweet as summer.” He took another sip. “I hear the grapes singing on my tongue.”

“I wondered what that noise was. Tell the grapes to keep still, my head is about to split. It was my sister. That was what the oh-so-loyal Lord Janos refused to say. Cersei sent the gold cloaks to that brothel.”

Varys tittered nervously. So he had known all along.

“You left that part out,” Tyrion said accusingly.

“Your own sweet sister,” Varys said, so grief-stricken he looked close to tears. “It is a hard thing to tell a man, my lord. I was fearful how you might take it. Can you forgive me?”

Comment

• Why would he do that? The bastards not looking like Cersei's children are evidence of incest, so Cersei has an excellent reason to order them killed. But Joffrey? Is he admitting to himself he may be Jaime's son? And has he seen them? Does he even know they look different, more like Robert?

Comment

• Jesus Christ Oerdin. Cersei had the bastards killed because they were a threat to her son's reign, since they could be used to demonstrate that the kid was an incest baby.

edit: Oh, ****, did they change that for the show? Huh.
                          Last edited by regexcellent; May 2, 2014, 00:18.

Comment

• Bran and Hodor Go To Wight Castle
                            Bran and Hodor Escape from Craster's Keep
                            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• In the show, Joff had the bastards killed. In the books, it was Cersei.

The reason an assassin came at Bran when he was crippled:

Spoiler:
                              Joff overheard his supposed "father" Robert say something about how that was no way to live, so he did it in an attempt to gain favor with Robert.
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Yes, in the books, Joffery is slightly less a monster and a lot of what he does is to gain approval by Robert (until his death, obviously) and Cersei.

edit: as Reg says, this really isn't spoilers since the books seemingly changed it dramatically (or at the very least isn't interested in answering the question).
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X