• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All I have to say is

Check out the episode 10 promo...
    Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

• I switched over to the Venture Bros before the promo, if there even was one for the encore.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Go Team Venture!

You know they're doing another T-Shirt of the Week club?

Also, DD: the person who wrote that article apparently liked Entourage. His argument is therefore null and void.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
          Also, DD: the person who wrote that article apparently liked Entourage. His argument is therefore null and void.
          He's also a ****ing baby.

Really, one of his objections is the killing of a dog? Really?
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Oh, come on, there were a few good Entourage episodes and it didn't turn to **** until later seasons.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• You now, Oerdin, if you want the meme "Oerdin is always wrong" to die, you should really, really try to not always be wrong.
              Last edited by Guynemer; June 3, 2013, 23:02.

Comment

• I don't remember that scene... at all.

I thought the red wedding killed Joffrey and kin.

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine

Comment

Your spoiler straightened me out. It's been about 10 years since I read them.

ACK!

Comment

• I must have remember some of it in my subconscious, I knew what was going to happen.

ACK!

Comment

For real?

Wow. I am legitimately shocked by that. That scene stuck with me hard.
                        I haven't read it. Dammit.

ACK!

Comment

• um... if you read the third book, you read that scene. All of those were from the same book.

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                            Besides, let's keep things in perspective. If there wasn't a HBO series about it, where would the scene rate it terms of all time literary scenes. Probably not that high.
                            Game of Thrones was named the #2 fantasy book of the 20th century. #1 obviously was Lord of the Rings.
                            Feast for Crows was named the #5 fantasy book of the 21th century

Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• I personally think that the greatest chapter in the books is not the Red Wedding, but
                              Spoiler:
                              Oberyn fighting The Mountain.

That chapter is so awesome and intense, you don't know where it's going, and when it's going somewhere, it's suddenly going somewhere else

I also think that another chapter which is at least on par with the red wedding is

Spoiler:
                              the purple wedding.

Maybe mostly because the feelings are so different. It's the joy of Jeoffry dying and immediately also fearing for Tyrion and Sansa at the same time. The entire scene with the midgets and the dialogues between Tyrion and Jeoffry are so good.

Of course Ned's death had a huge impact as well.

I think there's more, but these are still on the top of my head.
                              I'm most of all looking forward to the HBO depiction of my first spoiler.
                              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                                I personally think that the greatest chapter in the books is not the Red Wedding, but
                                Spoiler:
                                Oberyn fighting The Mountain.

That chapter is so awesome and intense, you don't know where it's going, and when it's going somewhere, it's suddenly going somewhere else

I also think that another chapter which is at least on par with the red wedding is

Spoiler:
                                the purple wedding.

Maybe mostly because the feelings are so different. It's the joy of Jeoffry dying and immediately also fearing for Tyrion and Sansa at the same time. The entire scene with the midgets and the dialogues between Tyrion and Jeoffry are so good.

Of course Ned's death had a huge impact as well.

I think there's more, but these are still on the top of my head.
                                I'm most of all looking forward to the HBO depiction of my first spoiler.
                                Indeed. The thought of those two scenes coming up in the same season . They had better go all out for the casting of you-know-who...
                                Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X