A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
    I would actually be interested in knowing what characters you found interesting (and other people who haven't read the books).

JM
    I haven't read the books. And most interesting characters for me so far are Aria, Bran, Daenerys and the dwarf(Therion ?). Although I like all the plot lines.

I was expecting something bad to happen to Rob because he was cursed by too many people. There was no way for him to last long but I was still surprised by the brutality and scale of the killing. And I was suspicious from the start of the wedding that there is a big chance for it to not end well considering how creepy Frey looked. (I think that actor played the part great)
    I was expecting something bad to happent to Thalisa(sp?) when he first asked her to come closer to him so that he can see her better.

This is probably influenced to a great extent by the reputation of the author.
    Quendelie axan!

Comment

• The guy playing Walder Frey reminds me of Christoper Lloyd, circa Back to the Future.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Rob was one of my favorites.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• George R.R. Martin will kill everything you love, Ozzy.

It is known.

Two opening credit character deaths in season one
          None in two
          Four (so far) in three
          And I can promise a bunch more in season four (who knows how many, depending on who makes the opening credits next year)

Asher: I don't see that at all, but whatever works for you. His little speech to Talisa at the start of the episode was fantastic.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
            I would actually be interested in knowing what characters you found interesting (and other people who haven't read the books).

JM
            Okay, here we go.

Tyrion (obviously)
            Bron/Jerome Flint (steals every scene he's in)
            Natalia Tena/Osha- great mix of ugly/sexy/tender/vicious
            Tywin/Charles Dance- really strong uber-Fascist Daddy character
            The eunuch guy (Varys?)- completely fascinating
            Aiden Gill/Littlefinger- complete bastard but very watchable
            The Hound- interestingly flawed
            Jaime- probably the best character arc so far
            Incredible She-Hulk- another mix of tough/vulnerable
            Joffrey- great little bastard
            Theon.
            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Great video:

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine

Comment

• "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• That Samwell Tarly impression was perfect.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine

Comment

• Well I haven't read any books so far, but here are my favorite characters

Season 1:
                      Ned
                      Littlefinger
                      Tyrion

Season 2:
                      Renley (I came around to seeing how he could make a good king)
                      Ayr
                      Tyrion

Seaon 3:

Jon Snow
                      Ary
                      Varys
                      The Onion Knight
                      Tyrion
                      Rob
                      Tywn

most redeemed - Jaime

Comment

• The season should have ended last week.

It went out with a whimper, instead.

ACK!
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Yeah, there were several options available that would have added juice to this episode. I almost wonder if they realized that nothing was going to be able to follow last week so they decided to save it all for next season.

(That said, the Arya scene was good, and the Joff scene should be added to the clips of him getting slapped. The last scene was rather cringe-y, though.)
                          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• I got teary eyed in the last scene with Dani, the music got me.
                            The more I grow older the more emotional I become. Don't know why exactly this is.

Can't wait for the next season.
                            Quendelie axan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                              Well, I don't know about THAT, necessarily. There are several other decent candidates in that book alone.

Spoiler:

1. The Purple Wedding
                              2. HER NAME WAS ELIA OF DORNE
                              3. In the end, Tywin Lannister did not **** gold.
                              4. IS THERE (stab) GOLD (stab) IN THE (stab) VILLAGE?! (stab stab stab stab stab)
                              5. The Moon Door
                              FWIW, #4 just happened in the show (from what I've read) and:

Spoiler:
                              No one really seems to care
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Well, it didn't really happen the same way. And from the reactions I've seen people cared, it's just that the victim was more random so it wasn't led up to very strongly.
                                "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Working...
                                X