A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Krill View Post
    Oerdin, you are re-****-ed. I don't have you on my ignore list, because whilst you are a partisan hack you aren't actually evil unlike Ben. And nowhere in that previous post did I say I had you on ignore, so I don't know why you sent me that PM, but I'm reconsidering it.
    I don't know why but I really am hurt by that. It's like a favored friend just smacked you. Dude, I always liked you and this isn't a nice reward.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Krill View Post
      I am surprised you guys don't have him on your ignore list.
      Gee, maybe saying "I am surprised you guys don't have him on your ignore list" might imply that you do have me on your ignore list. It seems I was wrong about you, do as you like.

Comment

• Could you take this sh!t to private, sisters?

So how did everyone like the fact that Barristan was introduced straight away? I liked the Arstan arc in the books, but it probably wouldn't have been so credible in the show. Nice job on the manticore-turned-scorpion, too!

Comment

• Well, it wouldn't have worked otherwise. Some viewers wouldn't remember him from season 1 but a lot of them would and they'd just figure it out and think it's dumb that this dude is calling himself Arstan Whitebeard or whatever it was instead of Barristan Selmy.

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
            Well, it wouldn't have worked otherwise. Some viewers wouldn't remember him from season 1 but a lot of them would .

Are you kidding? The first series threw roughly 8,000 middle-aged men with beards at the viewer, all getting about 4 words of dialogue. The only way he'd have stood out to the non-book audience would have been if he'd teabagged the camera.
            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Spoiler:
              If the TV series follows the books, then it's my understanding that the Stark family really sucks it up big time in the end. A fitting end of the series would be to have the white walkers and their ilk sweep over the wall as winter arrives. The replacements for the Starks prove utterly useless at stopping them. The horde sweeps south. The Lannisters take refuge in the Red Tower. As the hordes break the door down Tyrion whispers in Joffre's ear: "You really shouldn't have killed Ned Stark."
              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                Spoiler:
                If the TV series follows the books, then it's my understanding that the Stark family really sucks it up big time in the end. A fitting end of the series would be to have the white walkers and their ilk sweep over the wall as winter arrives. The replacements for the Starks prove utterly useless at stopping them. The horde sweeps south. The Lannisters take refuge in the Red Tower. As the hordes break the door down Tyrion whispers in Joffre's ear: "You really shouldn't have killed Ned Stark."
                Spoiler:
                My prediction is that Danaerys will swiftly defeat the Lannisters in the next book, but the wall will be destroyed and the white walkers will invade the seven kingdoms.
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Originally posted by Ecthy View Post
                  Could you take this sh!t to private, sisters?

So how did everyone like the fact that Barristan was introduced straight away? I liked the Arstan arc in the books, but it probably wouldn't have been so credible in the show. Nice job on the manticore-turned-scorpion, too!
                  Yeah, but I guess in a book they can take their time building up the Arstan character before revealing him to be Ser Barristan Selmy where as in the TV show they have to get it all done in one five minute scene so they didn't have time for all the build up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    My prediction is that Danaerys will swiftly defeat the Lannisters in the next book, but the wall will be destroyed and the white walkers will invade the seven kingdoms.
                    Spoiler:
                    They keep saying the Dragon has three heads so one is Danaerys, Young Griff/Prince Aegon is the second one, but, that still leaves one more to go. The current vogue theory is that Jon Snow is really a Targaren and that he wasn't Ned's bastard son and instead he was his sister's son with Prince Raegar after Raegar kindnapped Leona Stark.
                    Last edited by Dinner; April 7, 2013, 14:03.

Comment

• Spoiler fail!
                      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• If it takes Martin on the average six years to write one book, this TV series will never be finished with the original cast.

Comment

• Supposedly in 2012 GRRM was half done with the sixth book but he keeps putting new projects in front of finishing the sixth book which means the sixth book keeps getting pushed back. I mean it shouldn't take that long to write half a book especially since he has said he already knows where he wants to take things in book seven so it should just be a culmination of the things he set up in the first five books.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            Um... you should keep reading .
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Last episode was very good. No Dany. Granny Olenna. JOJEN! MEERA!

TWoW won't take so long I think. It's going to mostly tie up **** that happened in Dance. Like:
                              Spoiler:

* Dany somehow getting back to Meereen
                              * Someone, probably Bran, discovering Jon's parentage
                              * Jon not being dead
                              * Tyrion meeting Dany finally
                              * Davos getting Rickon
                              * All that **** in Dorne I never pay attention to
                              * This Aegon dude

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                                Last episode was very good. No Dany. Granny Olenna. JOJEN! MEERA!

TWoW won't take so long I think. It's going to mostly tie up **** that happened in Dance. Like:
                                Spoiler:

* Dany somehow getting back to Meereen
                                * Someone, probably Bran, discovering Jon's parentage
                                * Jon not being dead
                                * Tyrion meeting Dany finally
                                * Davos getting Rickon
                                * All that **** in Dorne I never pay attention to
                                * This Aegon dude
                                Spoiler:
                                They also have to finally ****ing deal with what the hell has been going on in Greywater Watch.
                                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
                                X