No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, but when the Lannisters are intelligent (ie, not Cersei or Joffery) they tend to do well by their catch flies by vinegar route.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I thought the Lannisters use their gold to buy up all the flies, then sell them at a higher price, which if you can't afford, they can give you a loan at "reasonable" rates.
      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
      One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Show Marg is better than book Marg for sure.

And yeah, Rose Leslie

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
          I can't be the only one who's just waiting to see Rose Leslie get naked.
          It can be said with great assurance that "I'd hit it! "

[/Ted Striker]
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• I miss Ted Striker
            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Premier of season 3 of Game of Thrones sets record for simultaneous downloads of a single file, according to piracy tracker TorrentFreak.

The Game of Thrones season premier set new records for the amount of times a show was pirated. Surprisingly, the country with the largest number of pirates was the UK though maybe that's not so surprising given that HBO didn't release the show in the EU until a day after it's North American release so maybe the series' UK fans just didn't want to wait the extra 24 hours. If HBO wants to cut down on piracy maybe they should do a world wide release all on one day.

Comment

• but HBO programming president Michael Lombardo told Entertainment Weekly recently that the network sees the piracy of "Game of Thrones" as a sign of success more than a problem.
                It seems HBO has the right attitude and they should try to cash in one the popularity of the series by doing a bunch of merchandising deals.

Comment

• Seen the first episode now.

Good stuff-

Ciaran Hinds.
                  "Suspiciously Ginger" Stark is blossoming into a good little actress. She's pulling off the child/woman stuff nicely, and continues the show's great track record with young talent.
                  Continuing the policy of "no dialogue from the Dothraki HorseyHorseyBastards". Just having them lying around and groaning works nicely.
                  Dinklage and Charles Dance scenes. Two quality actors duking it out.

Dodgy stuff

The senior Starks are still a weak link. We're still only getting monotone acting from them. That's not a problem when they're against less intimidating support, but when EmoSulk Snow was in a scene with Ciaran Hinds he might as well have been a prop.
                  The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• FWIW the scene with Emosulk Snow and Ciaran Hinds was fairly different to how it was portrayed in the book.
                    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• The point stands. As the show goes on, it is becoming apparent that Kit Harrington may not be up to the task of being the ostensible Hero Of The Tale. Not only is he not as good an actor as Hinds or Leslie, he also lacks charisma.

I thought Liam Cunningham was great is his scenes last week.
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I am told by my female friends who are fans of the show that Kit Harrington is half the reason they watch the show. So yeah, he's a wooden actor, but he's also really good looking and draws in a certain demographic.
                        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Yeah, both him and Madden (Robb) seem to be extremely popular with the ladies; Madden seems to be the better actor, in my opinion.

It is fairly unusual for the child actors on a show to be an asset, but the actors playing Bran, Sansa, and (especially) Arya are all good.
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Joffrey too. He'll probably be crippled by typecasting for the rest of his life, but he's doing that "Odious little ****ball" act nicely.
                            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• He says he's done acting after this show. He's going to be an academic. What a waste...but, whatever makes him happy.
                              "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                                Joffrey too. He'll probably be crippled by typecasting for the rest of his life, but he's doing that "Odious little ****ball" act nicely.
                                Spoiler:
                                The test of his acting skills will be the scene where Joffrey slowly dies from poison. If he can pull that off convincingly then he just might have a future as an actor.

Comment

Working...
                                X