• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• information wants to be free

Comment

• fly be free

Comment

• I compensate the artists, they just have to wait a bit.

What I refuse to do is pay $100 a month for a few hours a week of programming.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
          I compensate the artists, they just have to wait a bit.
          And more power to you as long as you actually compensate the *artists* and not the parasitic corporate abominations most of them have sold their souls to.

Comment

• Well, in the only way I can. I have no idea how much they actually get from the deal but that certainly isn't my fault.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• It's the absolute "online viewing = theft" that I object to.

1) My 600 DVDs would argue otherwise
              2) Online viewing is not illegal in Canada.

Comment

• I hate paying for crap

Comment

• That's why I don't pay for TV and haven't for 7-8 years now. I'll buy what I want.

Comment

• While I might draw the ire of the forum down upon me for interpreting one of Docfeelgood's posts, I see you read it as "I don't pay for CRAP" wheras I'm leaning towards "I don't PAY for crap" as a better fit.

I'm fine with either but I guess I'm more fine with the former, in principle.

Comment

• It works both ways.

Exhibit - Cheech and Chong

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                        I compensate the artists, they just have to wait a bit.
                        I'll take your word for it that you do. But how many people share your ethics? How many people actually purchase a copy of what they have already downloaded? Anyone--ANYONE--who doesn't do so is a thief. It's no different than shoplifting from a Barnes & Noble.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Kitschum View Post
                          While I might draw the ire of the forum down upon me for interpreting one of Docfeelgood's posts, I see you read it as "I don't pay for CRAP" wheras I'm leaning towards "I don't PAY for crap" as a better fit.

I'm fine with either but I guess I'm more fine with the former, in principle.
                          no prob

Comment

• Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
                            I hate paying for crap
                            I hate paying
                            and crap as well
                            but do both

(this piece of art was generously sponsored by the Z-Haiku foundation, all rights reserved)

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                              I'll take your word for it that you do. But how many people share your ethics? How many people actually purchase a copy of what they have already downloaded? Anyone--ANYONE--who doesn't do so is a thief. It's no different than shoplifting from a Barnes & Noble.

Dude, it is different from shoplifting. That difference might not change the moral conclusion, but you can't actually say it doesn't exist.

Comment

• It is physically different from shoplifting, yes. But it is still ****ing theft!
                                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                                X